• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Some irony in the usage of the new word that some have only learnt of today, in that being quite open about this whole project most of the way through, this is one of the least Claddy Dens coasters that Merlin have ever built.

It really is a bit of a shame it’s not themed. I understand it’s because of budget and the size of it is the main draw, but the hype will die down and we will be stuck with an unthemed coaster for over 30 years. It’ll become the new Air. I don’t get the short term logic. The park clearly value theming as we’ve seen what they’ve added to Stealth and Colossus this year.

It really is a bit of a shame it’s not themed. I understand it’s because of budget and the size of it is the main draw, but the hype will die down and we will be stuck with an unthemed coaster for over 30 years. It’ll become the new Air. I don’t get the short term logic. The park clearly value theming as we’ve seen what they’ve added to Stealth and Colossus this year.

With what might happen over in Bedford, Merlin are about to have a rude awakening when large swathes of the british public start seeing what real theming is and Merlin's half-arsed attempts will look far worse in comparison.

With what might happen over in Bedford, Merlin are about to have a rude awakening when large swathes of the british public start seeing what real theming is and Merlin's half-arsed attempts will look far worse in comparison.
Yep will be a massive wake up call and potentially an end to their monopoly they have. When the Americans arrive with their money it's usually a big deal