• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Couldn't have timed that much better. I tuned into the live stream just as it was 3/4 of the way up.

Looks an impressive ride but also very very short for a hyper which we've discussed endlessly.

Genuinely couldn't see myself waiting 3 hours for it so will have to choose an off peak day in September to go down and ride it.

The elements look great. It will of course speed up slightly by the time it opens. However, and without sounding like a broken record, watching a train go around really puts into perspective how little it actually does overrall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the outer bank turn thing being so slow is my only real major negative, I cant imagine the ejector airtime will be as prominent as everyone thought. The first element has brilliant speed, wish it just kept that momentum all the way though

I think the outer bank turn thing being so slow is my only real major negative, I cant imagine the ejector airtime will be as prominent as everyone thought. The first element has brilliant speed, wish it just kept that momentum all the way though
Remember that it was the first test run and the chain will move much faster during normal operation.

Don’t see people having the same energy with Stealth, which is even shorter in duration but people still rave on about how good it is

The USP with stealth is its launch.

As everyone has said the short length may not matter if Hyperia has something about it that makes it punchy but just being 20ft taller than the Big One is not enough.

Won’t know until we ride it whether that’s the case.

Don’t see people having the same energy with Stealth, which is even shorter in duration but people still rave on about how good it is
Something can be both good and short. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The first test run did look very slow in places, I thought it was going to stall! But it is a first test run, that is to be expected.

The rails and wheels have never made contact with eachother before, it's the first ever test run on a cold day, the lift hill was ran on slow and it practically held the train over the crest at the top. This is likely the slowest it'll ever seen to be running ever again. I don't think there should be any cause for concern. It'll negotiate all those elements far quicker in a months time.

Yes I am not expecting for it to stay at that speed for one minute, but with the difference in speed from the first element to the second element is quite drastic. Unless the trim was activated?