• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024 UK general election predictions and general discussion.

What is your predicted polling outcome for the 2024 UK general election

• Conversative Biggest Party in Hung Parliament

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Result (Please specify in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can't get over emotional about Sadiq Kahn as I don't live in London. I'm interested in the electoral sense just like I am with all the other mayoral elections. But ultimately, unless you actually live or work in London, very little of his actions will have an impact on you.

So you have to question why there's so much emotion and coverage around him from national government, and in national media. Why does Sunak slag him and his London centric policies off so much when he is the Prime Minister of the entirety of the UK? Why did an MP from Ashfield, a place that is over 130 miles away from London and has nothing to do with the mayor of London's office, see it fit launch a racist attack based on a conspiracy theory that he'd just made up?

London's previous mayors consisted of someone who was kicked out of the Labour party for remarks they considered anti-Semitic, and the other was one of the most dishonest, corrupt, incompetent, and populist politicians to ever be elected to high office in this country. Issues of far higher national importance than some ULEZ charge that 95% of the rest of the UK populace will never be impacted by. I don't get a vote in Wales, or for the Mayor of Bristol, yet because of where I live I found myself on a Welsh 20mph road the other week and in the Bristol Clean Air Zone on on Tuesday night. Yet I'm expected to hate Sadiq Kahn for implementing policies that have zero impact on me in a city that is 138 miles away instead?

Maybe Sadiq Kahn is a little bit too Islamic looking for some people's liking? Maybe this makes him an easy target when you're a government presiding over a country that you've dealt significant damage to, and you're in serious electoral trouble. Deflect attention from the skeletons by blaming the 'other' entities.

Edit to avoid double posting:

Houchen has won the Tees Valley Mayoralty for a second term. Like Street, he's distanced himself from the rest of the Tories whilst campaigning. No doubt Tory MP's will be wheeled out to use this as their good news story.

BBC News - Local election results 2024 live: Starmer tells Sunak to go as Labour wins Blackpool South - BBC News

Last edited:
I can't get over emotional about Sadiq Kahn as I don't live in London. I'm interested in the electoral sense just like I am with all the other mayoral elections. But ultimately, unless you actually live or work in London, very little of his actions will have an impact on you.

So you have to question why there's so much emotion and coverage around him from national government, and in national media. Why does Sunak slag him and his London centric policies off so much when he is the Prime Minister of the entirety of the UK? Why did an MP from Ashfield, a place that is over 130 miles away from London and has nothing to do with the mayor of London's office, see it fit launch a racist attack based on a conspiracy theory that he'd just made up?

London's previous mayors consisted of someone who was kicked out of the Labour party for remarks they considered anti-Semitic, and the other was one of the most dishonest, corrupt, incompetent, and populist politicians to ever be elected to high office in this country. Issues of far higher national importance than some ULEZ charge that 95% of the rest of the UK populace will never be impacted by. I don't get a vote in Wales, or for the Mayor of Bristol, yet because of where I live I found myself on a Welsh 20mph road the other week and in the Bristol Clean Air Zone on on Tuesday night. Yet I'm expected to hate Sadiq Kahn for implementing policies that have zero impact on me in a city that is 138 miles away instead?

Maybe Sadiq Kahn is a little bit too Islamic looking for some people's liking? Maybe this makes him an easy target when you're a government presiding over a country that you've dealt significant damage to, and you're in serious electoral trouble. Deflect attention from the skeletons by blaming the 'other' entities.

Edit to avoid double posting:

Houchen has won the Tees Valley Mayoralty for a second term. Like Street, he's distanced himself from the rest of the Tories whilst campaigning. No doubt Tory MP's will be wheeled out to use this as their good news story.

BBC News - Local election results 2024 live: Starmer tells Sunak to go as Labour wins Blackpool South - BBC News

Leadsom already been on that train. Testament to the current government apparently.

Currently 2nd (only by 4) to the Lib Dems. None for Reform so far.

There is one problem with ULEZ

“It’s about having clean air”

Drive a very polluting vehicle, no problem just pay us some money and you can drive it in to London.

If it were about clean air, polluting vehicles would be banned full stop.

As others have already said...it takes time.
Bans are for the future, this is to encourage people to use alternatives, nudging.

As others have already said...it takes time.
Bans are for the future, this is to encourage people to use alternatives, nudging.

Nah ULEZ is to make sure the government can force us into those 15 minute cities where to leave you'll have to agree in advance and can only travel a set distance.

Or whatever nonsense those wingnuts spout.

There is one problem with ULEZ

“It’s about having clean air”

Drive a very polluting vehicle, no problem just pay us some money and you can drive it in to London.

If it were about clean air, polluting vehicles would be banned full stop.

It’s nudge tactics, same as the tax on tobacco rather than banning it.