• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

I agree. Are there any other coasters which have been delayed by a full year due to electrical component availability/lead-ins?

I’m not aware of any, but you’d think if there were supply chain issues of this sort, then more rides would be impacted.

It might be delayed a full year. It may well have been due to open mid 23, or another point. We'll never know.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Some new pictures of the progress onsite; more track around the maintenance building & decorative facades being to take shape on the station complex.
FpCFpFoXEBYcVCu

FpCEZM0X0AA7o2w

FpCEZNXXwAEDNF4

Source

The latest episode of the Construction Documentary is online, and it's a good one! Some of the footage seems to be from as recently as the weekend, showing the completion of the top hat.

And of course just as amusing as always, I'm sure Lukas enjoyed his holiday!

The electro component supply chain issue isn't what it was 12 months ago. Whilst still an issue you'd have thought any order required for this would have been in some time ago now. Don't think it will delay any plans they have if I am honest.

Well the delay from 2023 (whenever in 2023 that was meant to be) to 2024 has been confirmed. I see no reason why they would just straight up lie about any reason for a delay. To be fair, I would rather it open with certainty at the start of the 2024 season than at some random unknown time with a late announcement during 2023 which is probably what would have happened.

If construction is on schedule, I reckon a summer 2023 opening was probably the original intention, similar to when Voletarium opened. Still hoping for December!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

You would imagine given current progress that they will be substantially complete by this summer, barring whatever component it is they’re waiting for. It’s a curious strategy to just plough on to completion, as presumably they would then need to mothball the site and ride for several months.

Unless there’s something we’re not seeing, I do think there’s at least some signs to suggest this might open before the 2024 season.

I guess if the electrical components they need to get to them earlier than anticipated then it might open early, but they see that as very unlikely.

I'm surprised they've not got another hidden family member in a basement somewhere making the parts for them. Mack ElektronischeBauteile GmbH & Co. KG tbh

I think the most likely reason for the delay is as others have mentioned. Mack have quite a big order book at the moment with projects for other parks, and they likely prioritised the electrical components for those over their own.

Also not overly convinced it’s worth opening your new coaster in December when weather can be such an obstacle for operating coasters at that time of year but who knows: