• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Oh yes! Only initial concern is that MCBR ruining any momentum but I assume it increases Voltron’s capacity significantly.
I love the music too; although it may be just a royalty free temp track. (I hope not!)

Kinda hoping that the turntable element has something thematic in the final product.

Another coaster with a launch booster needed though. Bit weird that 2 seem to exist now.

Looks decent! Some really nice air time moments in there and I would imagine the turntable will be themed at some point. Whether that comes when the ride opens or later on is another matter though.

As for boost launches, to be honest I don't really see them as a novel/unique feature anymore. I see them just in the same way the "traditional" components of mechanical mid course brake runs and chain lifts etc. The way a coaster works has evolved so much from the traditional lift hill/gravity way, they're now just another option manufacturers can use in order to achieve a thrilling ride, especially where space is limited or height restrictions limit options.

Kinda hoping that the turntable element has something thematic in the final product.

Another coaster with a launch booster needed though. Bit weird that 2 seem to exist now.
I expect that the turntable will include a show scene.
I am not sure why Europa having 2 launches seems weird. A launch is just like any other element of a ride. I would say that parks like Canada's Wonderland that have both a B&M hyper and giga are 'weirder' because the hyper and giga models are the same, whereas Blue Fire and Voltron are very different.

I expect that the turntable will include a show scene.
I am not sure why Europa having 2 launches seems weird. A launch is just like any other element of a ride. I would say that parks like Canada's Wonderland that have both a B&M hyper and giga are 'weirder' because the hyper and giga models are the same, whereas Blue Fire and Voltron are very different.

Think you're misunderstanding me there. It's the presence of a booster launch midway through the first section prior to the turntable that is my qualm.

Much like how Mandrill has one prior to the helix spike (presumably because if it didn't it'd stall), weird to me how there's suddenly 2 rides that something that used to be a minor cheat in RCT. Especially from B&M and Mack.

Think you're misunderstanding me there. It's the presence of a booster launch midway through the first section prior to the turntable that is my qualm.

Much like how Mandrill has one prior to the helix spike (presumably because if it didn't it'd stall), weird to me how there's suddenly 2 rides that something that used to be a minor cheat in RCT. Especially from B&M and Mack.
I still see it as more a feature of the ride rather than a cheat as such. I guess some purists won't like it, but it avoids the higher height required for it to clear the element without being boosted, and it'll keep the noise down being lower down too - something they'll be fully aware of after the Wodan issues. It serves an additional function of being the block for the turntable should that fail as well.

it avoids the higher height
Its interesting, if the height has being kept low on purposes, as some of the aerial shots make it look not very high compared to Blue Fire and Wodan.

I am sure it will not feel low down when riding it, but I thought it looked a little odd how low the track was compared to Blue Fire.

The Trains look great in the promotion video, really excited to see how it looks in May, and ride it in 2024.

It is just a little bit lower than Blue Fire. More height means more noise for the village nearby, so this is a compromise they made.

I love the music too; although it may be just a royalty free temp track. (I hope not!)
In an interview after the Press conference they said that the music is not the final one, but it will have a similar character/atmosphere.

I made the mistake of watching the real POV for Asterix's new ride before seeing this. By comparison I felt a little underwhelmed, but I think that has more to do with a real POV vs a simulated one. It just doesn't carry the same weight those 4 by 4 trains are likely to have. Shame it'll be so long before we see the real thing run.
I bet sitting on the outside row will be a really interesting experience.

This isn't going to be as manic as an Intamin; it will be a totally different experience with this ride system, and the theme.

I've watched the POV a couple of times and it looks brilliant, and it will no doubt look even better in reality. It really is such a long coaster with a diverse mix of elements throughout.

Hopefully there will be some theming and/or effects around the turntable, I'm sure there will be something. Quite pleased that the swing launch is only a backwards and then forwards, that should help keep the flow of the ride.

It's also been great to see more details of how Croatia is going to look!

I think this will be excellent.

• High throughput, that will in itself be a spectacle seeing trains so frequently passing
  • Excellent themed experience
  • Airtime, pace and SEVEN inversions!
Am I right in thinking it will be the German inversion record holder?

I also thought I counted eight in the POV.

Inverted top hat, roll, two immelmans, stall, dive loop and two more rolls in the second half.

Last edited: