• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

On park today and it’s testing with water dummies, though there was just a full train of people. My German isn’t good, but I think at the park opening today they threw out prizes with one being a chance to ride it today with the Macks. That might not be right though! Certainly looked like members of the public though!

IMG_0803.jpeg
That wasn’t the case today.

I’m also here, Voltron prizes were to be redeemed on its opening day.

New construction documentary today! It was just a look around the trains really, nothing overly exciting to report on. I think it has been mentioned before, but every seat on Voltron is a "big boy" seat (i.e. row 10 on Blue Fire) which will help with operations as those guests requiring a larger seat will not have to be batched for a specific row.

The Voltron trains are an evolution of the Big Dipper trains; sounds like they have made improvements to them that should provide a better riding experience, especially on the outer seats. There is a wider wheel base which allows for a smoother ride, and more supporting of the wing seats.

As we know, there is no onboard audio, sounds like this is largely down to potential noise issues of having onboard audio. Where audio is needed on the ride, it will be provided by speakers in the relevant area.

Not long now!

Testing seems to be every day now. There’s also lots of progress being made on finishing touches. The paving on the patio of the station building was being finished yesterday, the hexagonal structure in the foreground of the new area has now received a proper roof, there are even more olive trees appearing and we spotted a turbine-like theming structure at the rear of the station which looks intriguing.

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2181.jpeg
    IMG_2181.jpeg
    991.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2500.jpeg
    IMG_2500.jpeg
    626.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 55
How is the height restriction for Voltron 1.3m if every seat is a “big boy” seat? I thought those had a 1.5m height restriction?

How is the height restriction for Voltron 1.3m if every seat is a “big boy” seat? I thought those had a 1.5m height restriction?
I was wondering this too, I find I have to avoid the back row of Icon for fear of being MEASURED - which as an adult is a special type of humiliation! (For the record I would pass, but only just!)

Can only assume they've changed the seat design to be able to accommodate large and small riders.

As we know, there is no onboard audio, sounds like this is largely down to potential noise issues of having onboard audio. Where audio is needed on the ride, it will be provided by speakers in the relevant area.
Given Mack’s poor on board audio track record, this is good to hear (pun not intended but inevitable) - I’m glad it’s being worked into the ride area, at least there’s a far higher chance of it functioning as intended in this instance!

According to EPfan95 train 7 of 7 has arrived today!

IMG_9607.png

Brilliant! Not expecting it to open with a 7 train operation, but that should not be a problem.

It was great to watch Voltron testing last week, really raised my excitement for riding it next month. The whole Croatia themed area is looking beautiful as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop this over the coming years.

Here’s a question I’ve been wondering for quite some time. By the side of Voltron, at the back of Croatia, there is a massive black warehouse being built and a second similar structure next to it. Does anyone know what it’s for? Is it an additional logistics space, the long-rumoured permanent home of Traumatica or something else?

You can see it in this picture below the tower cranes.

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpeg
    IMG_1475.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 65
It’s the replacement, a few meters moved aside to make room for Voltron to pass by, of the former logistics & parade storage hall.
The second one beside unsure - however presumably for similar purposes as they try to reorganise the land behind Croatia/Greece for the park expansion.

I’m at Europa this week and all the finishing touches are going in. Shop is being stocked with merch (and jam!) but would there be any reason for a train to be stalled on the second launch?

We saw it test briefly on Tuesday morning but all day weds, a train was seemingly valleyed on the second launch and we didn’t see it test for nearly 2 days? This train was there at 11am and was still there at 6pm for our final ride on euro-Mir?!

I’m at Europa this week and all the finishing touches are going in. Shop is being stocked with merch (and jam!) but would there be any reason for a train to be stalled on the second launch?

We saw it test briefly on Tuesday morning but all day weds, a train was seemingly valleyed on the second launch and we didn’t see it test for nearly 2 days? This train was there at 11am and was still there at 6pm for our final ride on euro-Mir?!
When you say the second launch, do you mean the swing launch or the mid-ride "boost" launch?

Strange that they would have left it there for so long. The TUV have been onsite carrying our their tests in the last few days, so it could be related to that.

During early testing the turntable was out in the open. On the models is enclosed. A few weeks back walls started to appear too. Do we know if it's now totally enclosed? And if the room is turns around in will have effect? Hoping for lots of electric charges shooting about. Like that loud crackling 13 used to have just before the station.

When you say the second launch, do you mean the swing launch or the mid-ride "boost" launch?

Strange that they would have left it there for so long. The TUV have been onsite carrying our their tests in the last few days, so it could be related to that.
It was the mid ride boost launch. Not the turntable/spike. It was just sat there for hours!