• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

It was the Golden Ticket awards last night and Voltron won best new coaster. Quite an impressive feat given how much of a US bias it usually has. Guess even they couldn't award it to a generic coaster or something that operated for a week.

They also reclaimed the best park award, and got an award for rebuilding the Austria section.
Well deserved 👏👏👏 Voltron is something special and the only new coaster would rival Voltron is Hyperia.

I'd have thought Top Thrill 2 may have got it (or the best reimagined coaster award) if didn't have it's extended closure.

It was Kennywood hosting this year, and off the top of my head, the biggest American coaster that opened this year aside from Top Thrill 2 was probably Iron Menace at Dorney Park.

It is good to hear that a European ride has won Best New Rollercoaster; I didn’t expect that to happen based on previous years!

Best New Attraction Installation, however, went to Fire in the Hole at Silver Dollar City (which I’d totally forgotten was built this year until I read the awards list…).

Voltron is clearly the best coaster to have opened this year, so it was a well deserved winner in that category. May not have been the case is Zamperla hadn't messed up TT2 mind!