• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Got on Voltron several times during my recent visit and a few thoughts:

- It's a fantastic addition to Europa-Park who now have a coaster to cater for the thrill market
- It's not very forceful, but still manages to be quite intense with the way it disorientates and throws you about, along with some great air and hang time
- The stall is the highlight of the ride
- Wouldn't say it was rough, but I might have missed the square wheels train
- Croatia area looks like it will be superb once finished, the portaloos took me by surprise though (a plant in front of the men's door to preserve modesty!)

Air time is a force, plus it has some big positive g’s as well.

I would argue it is very forceful.

Something that amazed me is just how quickly they load and unload those trains. The two times I rode back row when we came into the station the front row was unloaded, loaded, and and restraints locked before I'd been released from my seat.
Just watched this awesome video from EltoroRyan, which talks extremely in-depth about how the ride works and covers the loading procedure. It genuinely is mind-blowing just how complex this beast is!

I have done my recaculations, and after reflection, Voltron is sitting at #5 in my ranking - below Steel Vengeance, Maverick, El Toro and Skyrush.

Looking forward to riding those above in August and cementing it all.
Funny you rank it below Maverick, and I’ve quite happily put it above!

Different folks and all that!

So interesting to see the varied reviews and reports of smooth/rough and intensity.

One thing’s for sure - it has captured the attention of enthusiasts worldwide!

I'm pretty confident that Voltron will sit in my top 5, but am awaiting my trip to the US this summer where I'll hopefully be riding all of my top 5 once again. I'm most interested in comparing it to Maverick, as they both offer so much!

Funny you rank it below Maverick, and I’ve quite happily put it above!

Different folks and all that!

So interesting to see the varied reviews and reports of smooth/rough and intensity.

One thing’s for sure - it has captured the attention of enthusiasts worldwide!
I think it's literally rerideability. Maverick I could sit on all day. Voltron I couldn't.

Saying that, I couldn't Skyrush nor Steel Vengeance either.

We'll see in August!

Just watched this awesome video from EltoroRyan, which talks extremely in-depth about how the ride works and covers the loading procedure. It genuinely is mind-blowing just how complex this beast is!

Just watched this video this morning and despite physically watching the ride run, I didn't realise how many block zones there are - the area with a valley being able to function as a block zone is so clever. Love the breakdowns of how everything works, really confirms to me that this is (imo) the best designed ride of 2024.

A very short opinion after a few rides over a week.

The universal praise for the queue is deserved, albeit it’s not the very best queue. The main queue room definitely gives it a “big ride” feel.

The ride itself definitely varies fairly dramatically between seat (never mind train). The wing seats are, as you’d expect, more intense, the far side seat being most so. There is a definite bounce on the wing seats and towards the rear of the train. We never had an uncomfortably rough ride though. Some seats are a pretty smooth. Front and centre being best.

There’s no getting away from the ride being intense and I personally enjoy the first half much more. The elements are more drawn out, with the launch and stall being the highlight. The second half becomes more intense, with the double up, drop from the brake and helix afterwards being specific points of intensity.

As for whether it’s a world beater, I think it very much depends on your preference for intense rides.

A very short opinion after a few rides over a week.

The universal praise for the queue is deserved, albeit it’s not the very best queue. The main queue room definitely gives it a “big ride” feel.

The ride itself definitely varies fairly dramatically between seat (never mind train). The wing seats are, as you’d expect, more intense, the far side seat being most so. There is a definite bounce on the wing seats and towards the rear of the train. We never had an uncomfortably rough ride though. Some seats are a pretty smooth. Front and centre being best.

There’s no getting away from the ride being intense and I personally enjoy the first half much more. The elements are more drawn out, with the launch and stall being the highlight. The second half becomes more intense, with the double up, drop from the brake and helix afterwards being specific points of intensity.

As for whether it’s a world beater, I think it very much depends on your preference for intense rides.

Exactly this, if you like intense coasters Voltron is for you, if you prefer floaty, fun but relatively controlled and softer forces then you will probably find it less interesting.

And if you like being bored there’s always Icon

At the recent fan day press conference, Europa-Park confirmed that they are planning to improve the immersion and theming at the turntable on Voltron, as well as looking to do something about where the extended queue goes at busy periods (having it in the Traumatica area is not ideal). There are also issues of people queue jumping from the main queue in to the VirtualLine queue, which needs addressing. One option is higher fencing but they don't really want to have to do this.

I'm pleased to hear that they are going to improve the turntable. It is the one part of Voltron that stands out as not being quite right.

Does anyone know if the Naughty (Rough) trains have been fixed yet?

I had three rides last week. One was smooth as silk and perhaps the best coaster ride I've ever had, the other was a little wild on top of the general intensity, while the third (unfortunately the first) was genuinely brutal. In the ninety minute wait, I floated the idea of the 'demon train', as well as the divisive discourse around it, hoping we would get lucky. All four of us instead stepped off with a headache, and one of our group ended up missing dinner as a result, having literally taken to bed. Suffice to say, their first trip was their last.

So, in my experience; no!

I did think it would be really easy for someone to jump from single rider or main queue into the virtual line queue once past the people who scan the phone.

Maybe they should be given a ticket or a wristband which is then given to the person who deals with batching the queues into the locker area.

Speaking of lockers did amuse me they were operated with a blank plastic card, clearly they realised if they themed up the cards plenty of guests would 'forget' to return them.