• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Now that the park has closed until the main season begins in March, we're not likely to see many Voltron updates other than those released by the park. Although views of testing will be possible from the access road!

Anyway, over the last days of the winter season they removed the top of the Wardenclyffe Tower that sits atop the station building, seemingly to add lighting effects. These lights are already on the second tower:

index.php

index.php

Source: Rimraut on epfriends.de

When at the park over the new year period you really got a sense that the whole Croatian themed area is starting to come together. Paving of the main plaza area seems to be going down, and the ice cream parlour building is taking shape. It's going to be a such a beautiful area, especially on a summers day.

I did also notice that they have started construction a large warehouse looking shaped building behind Croatia, to the right of where Voltron goes if you are looking towards the far end of the layout. My guess would be that it is to replace a temporary structure of a similar size that was there before but removed for Voltron. Looks like it could be quite visible from Croatia though, so hopefully it is themed or shielded.

I know they mentioned in passing that there would be a show scene in that area, but it was never clear to me what that meant (or even whether they were just classing the turntable itself as a scene). It’s great to see something so substantial there, although I do wonder whether all of this will be ready for opening day in just over two months.

I wonder if they have dropped this scene, you would have thought it would have been enclosed at least by now if they were doing it.

That or maybe they will add it during 2025 closed season.

I’m not sure that they’d have published the concept art in the new 2024 brochure/magazine if the scene had been dropped. It is of course possible that it might not be added until 2025, as EP have in the past added theming to attractions the year after they open.

The latest episode of the Construction Documentary has been released, and it's given me much more confidence that all being well things should be ready for the start of the season.

Now that the park is closed, all of the construction walls are down and you can really get a feel for how Croatia is going to fit in with the rest of the park. Work on the area is progressing at a rapid rate; the ice cream parlour has come on a lot since I was there at the end of December. It's going to have a lovely outdoor seating area (as well as an indoor seating area upstairs); hoping they will be selling beers as well as ice cream!

They also show off the station in this episode, confirming the conveyor belt loading a la Arthur (although the belt on Voltron goes at half the speed as Arthur's). The staff, and guests, are really going to need to be on it to get the 1,600pph mind.

So nearly there, and I cannot wait!

I haven't been following the building documentaries, but does the belt loading mean that the locker system will also be like Arthur?

I can't remember Arthur's, are they just double sided like Energylandia do it? Or more like FLY with the wristband set up

Similar to Fly but with a card instead of a wristband as you're allowed to keep things in pockets.

They'll need a lot of locker space to keep people moving through quickly enough

It’s interesting that they’re clearly focused on capacity (as they always are) but have still decided to adopt this inherently lower capacity ride system and amend its operation to push capacity. I’m guessing that means they were pretty set on installing this type of ride, even with its throughput challenges.

A rides capacity is nether inherently high nor is it inherently low, it is precisely what the designer means it to be.

What do you mean with "inherently lower capacity ride system"?
We talk about 1600 pph.

I mean that to achieve 1600pph (which I agree is not low) there are clearly some operational challenges such as very short dispatch times which need to be achieved.

A rides capacity is nether inherently high nor is it inherently low, it is precisely what the designer means it to be.

A ride system is unquestionably going to have an inherent capacity. An omnimover is going to achieve higher throughput than a carousel.

The designer will have to work within the parameters of that inherent capacity and can make adjustments to increase or decrease that baseline capacity within boundaries. Thats clearly what’s being done here by adding components like the lockers and moving load platform.

My point being that Europa are clearly a capacity focused park and by using this particular ride system which (like all rides) has an inherent capacity, they will have considered all of that ride type’s capabilities. It would have been easier for them to use a ride system with an inherently higher capacity if they wanted to achieve said capacity. However they’ve used the Stryker model as I assume it provides what they consider the correct balance of capabilities, which will obviously included capacity, but also its ability to launch, invert, traverse the correct radii etc.

I'm surprised they've not got a station setup like Galactica but the conveyor must give them confidence to hit target