• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

A couple of small updates on Voltron.

They have now started work on enclosing the turntable, as per the recent concept that was shown:

index.php

Source: tobyas19931271 on epfriends.de

And you can just about see in this photo that a second complete train has now been delivered:

index.php

Source: Momolino on epfriends.de

It could well be that this is actually the first chassis train rather than a new one entirely, as the chassis train was taken away from Europa-Park a couple of days ago to be fully assembled back at the factory.

If they have only just started working on the turntable I’m a little worried this isn’t going to open in March…

I’d tend to agree, but then when you see the speed with which they’ve rebuilt Austria, it’s potentially quite possible that they’ll have this in place for opening day. It’ll be tight though.

I do think it’s touch and go for March, but I’m not too concerned that they’ve only just started enclosing the turntable. It shouldn’t take long to install prefabricated walls/roof and install some effects.

I guess they have been prioritising initial ride commissioning/testing to this point.

When EP want to get something done, they can get it done very quickly. We’ll know in the next couple of weeks anyway, and the fact they’re going to announce the opening date by the end of tue month does suggest that it will be early in the season.

My knowledge of the internal machinations of Europa Park is near to zero, so bare with me.

But would the rebuilding of Alpenexpress and the surrounding area have any effect? Like both are fairly big projects, so resources would be spread between the two, meaning Voltron not progressing as much as they'd like.

My knowledge of the internal machinations of Europa Park is near to zero, so bare with me.

But would the rebuilding of Alpenexpress and the surrounding area have any effect? Like both are fairly big projects, so resources would be spread between the two, meaning Voltron not progressing as much as they'd like.
No.

The project delivery teams are entirely separate.

In most other parks your assumption would probably be correct. But the resources that Europa-Park have and can call upon are quite incredible!

I do think they’ll get everything they need to get done thematically before the start of the season. It’s just a matter of having the coaster fully tested on 4 trains. Unsure if it has run with more than 1 train at a time yet!

If they have only just started working on the turntable I’m a little worried this isn’t going to open in March…
Was have to be cautious with placing too much value on rumours however it is sounding increasingly unlikely allegedly. Late April/early May is the latest mutterings in Rust. Hopefully not though.

However the park have confirmed in a recent TV news report they will announce an opening date before the end of February - so we shouldn’t have to wait much longer hopefully for confirmation one way or another!