• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

I really hope I’m wrong but does anyone else get the niggling feeling that they’ll announce this thing to open in the middle of the summer or something…

I don't think it will be as late as the summer, but I am greatly reducing my hopes of getting on it over Easter, as even a soft opening is looking somewhat unlikely at the moment with still only 3 trains on site.

An official opening in late April/early May probably seems most likely to me. I'd be shocked if they can't get it all finished by then.

A few months ago I would have been shocked if you told me it wasn’t going to be ready for opening day, but then here we are. Quite remarkable it’s progressing so slowly.

I get the distinct feeling they’ve taken their foot off of the gas, in stark contrast to the staggeringly quick progress on Austria.

They post loads of really cool stuff on their social media accounts about it so it's not like they're abandoning promotion... but i suppose ultimately as long as it's open by summer is all that matters from their perspective.

I’m not sure they have the same need to demonstrate ROI on any investment like other corporate parks do. They see most of their installations in the longer term or more as passion projects (i.e. Pirates and Eurosat).

That means there’s less of an impetus to open for the start of the season, since they don’t necessarily need to drive numbers in that particular year.

That’s good news, looks like two front fascia’s so perhaps 2 trains being prepped at the same time.

I still have low optimism that’ll it’ll soft open on the first day of season, but I don’t think it’ll be too long after that.

At the very least I look forward to seeing it test in person on opening day.

Proxy confirmation that Volton will not be operating at the start of the season. They are doing a competition to win first ride tickets, and you can enter until 4th April:

It’s not going to be opening to the public whilst a competition for first rides is still ongoing! Oh well. I guess there is a slim chance it could soft open before “official” first rides still, depends what their appetite for that is.

Considering this ride has been delayed by 12months already not having it open at the start of the season seems very poor.

I know there is a lot of love for EP around these parts (and totally understand why) I can’t help feel they get ‘let off lightly’. If this was a project in a Merlin park the fact the ride isn’t ready would go down like a lead balloon.

Considering this ride has been delayed by 12months already not having it open at the start of the season seems very poor.

I know there is a lot of love for EP around these parts (and totally understand why) I can’t help feel they get ‘let off lightly’. If this was a project in a Merlin park the fact the ride isn’t ready would go down like a lead balloon.

Spot on. They have a track record of opening attractions late stretching back at least as far as I can remember (Arthur), but they seem to attract very little flack for it.

Perhaps it’s to do with the generally good product that they do (eventually) deliver. I’m not sure that’s a valid excuse when you know beforehand what standards you want to achieve though.

I guess EP’s counter would be that they never officially announced when it was due to open, so from the public’s point of view it is not delayed.

We obviously know differently, and it is disappointing. I felt certain that it would open for the start of the 2024 season, and with the initial chip delays, they had plenty of time to ensure that it would do.

Interesting that the competition doesn’t give a date for when it will be. Usually with things like this they say you must be available in X date to receive the prize
I think Thorpe did that with their Hyperia competition as well. Most likely because they don't know when it'll be ready.

Last edited:
This is a coaster whose track layout was completed in May 2023. Ten months later and it still isn't ready to open?

That's astonishing really when you think about it.

However relying on a ride to open for a specific date or planned trip is *always* a risk when no official opening date has been announced, so really we cannot be too disappointed.

I find the concept of running a competition with no confirmed date attached really strange, however!

I think as others have said, it’s down to the fact no opening date has ever officially been confirmed.

This and the fact that the park already have a stellar line up of rides, attractions, shows, Food & Beverage amongst all the other things, we tend to turn a blind eye to these sorts of things.

I know for one that my opening day trip will still be just as enjoyable as any other time I’ve been and I’m certainly not disheartened by not being able to ride Voltron.

Voletarium opened later than officially planned. There were soft openings for it in the weeks before its official opening. I’m doubtful there’ll be any soft opening for Voltron on the park’s opening day though.

The not announcing an opening date aspect seems like a poor excuse, since the park have already recognised that the ride is delayed. By that logic if they never officially announced an opening date there would never be a delay.

I have very mixed feelings ATM...on the one hand I also think its quite poor that they didn`t manage to get it open for the start of the season....on the other hand I heard from people who already rode it that the ride kicks all sorts of a**...so I think it would be to harsh to judge EP for beeing late without considering how incredible the coaster (probably) is that they offer/build for us...

It is going down like a lead balloon. I have a holiday booked there at the end of this month and it looks like I am not going to be able to ride having been looking forward to it for years and years.

I am unsure what exactly would demonstrate the appropriate case?

EP have lost the plot?
EP are a shambles?
EP are doing too much?
EP project management is inadequate?

What flack would be appropriate?

It is going down like a lead balloon. I have a holiday booked there at the end of this month and it looks like I am not going to be able to ride having been looking forward to it for years and years.

I am unsure what exactly would demonstrate the appropriate case?

EP have lost the plot?
EP are a shambles?
EP are doing too much?
EP project management is inadequate?

What flack would be appropriate?

My post was more an observation around the lack of discussion and/or criticism on this thread about the fact the coaster won’t be ready for the start of the season, it just seemed a little tumble weed in terms of referencing the frustration around the delays compared to the discussion that happens for other parks (specifically Merlin) in similar circumstances.

Of course the discussion seems to have moved on now and a few folks including yourself have shared their views on the matter.