• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2025] Therme Manchester | [2023] Modern Surf

Nipped over today to see if there was anything worth capturing or sending the drone up for. The site remains virtually untouched from the end of the year. I suspect the next stage of works aren't due to start until around March time:

FmcDgk4XwAALChs

A public consultation is now live regarding several design changes that have been proposed before construction starts.

2020 Proposal:
64e3050e-ad91-419b-8229-c65f8976b426
2023 Proposal:
1_DbR_MEN_120623Trafford.jpg

1686583537950.png

The confirmation of the multi-storey car park is one of the biggest key takeaways. I was concerned that given the limited amount of parking nearby over at TP.

The amended design has been approved by Trafford Council, and Therme have now appointed a UK CEO in the form of Professor David Russell. Construction is set to start in the next couple of months and is to be completed before the end of 2025. New images show that the interior doesn't quite look as tranquil as the previous concepts did, and there has been a radical overhaul to the external spaces as well:

1_DBR_MEN_150923Therme_04.jpg

0_DBR_MEN_150923Therme.jpg

This is true but I also suspect the reduction in glass is due to rising costs. The amount they were going to use would have been extremely expensive. Looking forward to this opening.
That and you probably wouldn't want to be chilling in a pool in a giant greenhouse.. and in winter it would feel like a massive fridge. It's definitely more reasonable now! :)