• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

That might not be the brief. It might be targeted as a family thrill ride.

Arthur is an example of an indoor attraction that is not in the dark. It has many scenes that you traverse through.
But they can control the lighting for those scenes, its a dark ride with scenes, like pirates or small world, just using coaster transport not boats. Generally indoor either means relatively slow through dark ride scenes so yes the scenes will be theatrically lit, or using the darkness and selective lighting to make it more thrilling than it actually is, like Rock'n'rollercoaster or Black Hole.

Its plausible that AT are building a dark ride, but given the height of the building coaster seems more likely.

Its plausible that AT are building a dark ride, but given the height of the building coaster seems more likely.
I reckon it could well be a mix of the two myself.

The building is quite small in indoor coaster terms, which I think would suit a dark ride-coaster hybrid better than a regular coaster indoors, and I also feel that a dark ride-coaster hybrid would better fulfil the park’s present attraction needs.

A lot of modern indoor coasters have at least some degree of dark ride element to them rather than just being coasters in a shed, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Horizon ended up being the same.

I reckon it could well be a mix of the two myself.

The building is quite small in indoor coaster terms, which I think would suit a dark ride-coaster hybrid better than a regular coaster indoors, and I also feel that a dark ride-coaster hybrid would better fulfil the park’s present attraction needs.

A lot of modern indoor coasters have at least some degree of dark ride element to them rather than just being coasters in a shed, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Horizon ended up being the same.
That is true but I don't expect something on the scale of Arthur at EP (although I haven't ridden it myself), maybe closer to Dragon Coaster at Legoland of some show scenes then coaster, expect with the coaster part indoors too.

Don't want it to turn out at X No Way Out where you just randomly stop and not much happens.

So in my boredom ive just been on youtube watching coaster shorts and in 1 of them about the answer to the question of if an rmc is coming to the uk in the answer he shows a screenshot of 2 frames within the answer that have a blue light. No idea if this is correct as i dunno how to go frame by frame.
The image is from coastertog youtube channelScreenshot_20230818_111910_YouTube.jpg

So in my boredom ive just been on youtube watching coaster shorts and in 1 of them about the answer to the question of if an rmc is coming to the uk in the answer he shows a screenshot of 2 frames within the answer that have a blue light. No idea if this is correct as i dunno how to go frame by frame.
The image is from coastertog youtube channelScreenshot_20230818_111910_YouTube.jpg
What is the purpose of this being highlighted? What possible meaning could someone derive from it? 💀

What is the purpose of this being highlighted? What possible meaning could someone derive from it? 💀
well the 1 image looks like light coming from an Horizon. Why would they add it. would they go to all these lengths just to play a prank on the community

It's literally just a transition

Whats the point of doing it if we cannot see it at normal speed? Is this done in all editing? Just seems strange especially if its not done anywhere else in the vid

well the 1 image looks like light coming from an Horizon. Why would they add it. would they go to all these lengths just to play a prank on the community
Because they don't want to be seen as a faceless, corporate business. They want to be engaging with fans even if it's a bit of leg pulling. It's also fantastic click bait and free promotion.

To be honest ATs social media is so cringe.

Back to this. I'm still convinced we're getting three major investments in a short period. By 2028.

Nemesis being one, then Horizon, then an RMC

To be honest ATs social media is so cringe.

Back to this. I'm still convinced we're getting three major investments in a short period. By 2028.

Nemesis being one, then Horizon, then an RMC
horizon and RMC are separate projects?

horizon and RMC are separate projects?
There is no evidence to suggest there’s another project in the works, especially one with RMC. It’s a little bit of fun in a video and people have ran wild with it as far as I can see. I’d love it to be true but I’d rather be surprised than disappointed, so I won’t be getting my hopes up.

Yes @Archie Just a feeling and I may be so wrong. But we do know that there is a significant capex budget available for the short term.

@Connor98 there is no evidence no, but equally there is no evidence to suggest there isn't.

For a 2028 opening we are still ages away from a planning application being needed.

First time posting here so hello all.

But I’ve just seen John Burton is appearing on Sunday Brunch this weekend. Has this ever happened before? Only reason I can see him going on is to talk about an announcement.

Unless it’s Exodus related.

First time posting here so hello all.

But I’ve just seen John Burton is appearing on Sunday Brunch this weekend. Has this ever happened before? Only reason I can see him going on is to talk about an announcement.

Unless it’s Exodus related.
Welcome @Oxo!

I imagine it’s probably Exodus-related given Thorpe Park’s announcement on Wednesday evening.