• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I had another exciting thought about this project; correct me if I’m wrong here, but won’t Project Horizon represent the first time in decades that a new project has actually expanded the park area?

I could be wrong, but if I’m remembering correctly, the last time that a new project actually expanded the park (in terms of walkable area) was in 1992, when Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood were built.

I must admit that there will be something quite exciting about seeing the park increase in size for the first time in years rather than seeing a current attraction get removed or replaced to accommodate Project Horizon!
2007's Theres something in the Dung Heap expanded the Farm/Cbeebies land to go around the back of the boat ride.
An area which now contains:
Furchester Hotel Live
Hey Duggee's Big Adventure
Go Jetters
Andy's Dinosaur Dig
Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop

Though the path round there had been open as just a path at various points.

2007's Theres something in the Dung Heap expanded the Farm/Cbeebies land to go around the back of the boat ride.
Furchester Hotel Live
Go Jetters
Andy's Dinosaur Dig
Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop

I stand corrected!

Even still, seeing a new project expand the park’s physical area rather than replace something previously existing is not seen very often these days, so I think that should be interesting to follow with Project Horizon.

Furchester Hotel Live
Go Jetters
Andy's Dinosaur Dig
Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop

CBeebies also saw the expansion into the previously backstage buildings for the Lunch Box and Charlie and Lola. Also, in many ways Big Fun Showtime was also an expansion, given how long the Big Top had been out of action.

Before that, it would have been Air in 2002 which saw an expansion of park area.

I'm planning on recording it. Old school style though, camcorder in front of PC. Was going to use Handbrake to record on PC but looks like I deleted the programme or something. Not decided on whether I support the solar farm or not yet :tearsofjoy:

Watching this makes you wonder how much goodwill that Towers could build with the council if they partnered with someone to cover the car parks in solar panels as DLP have done.

Would certainly help with their carbon neutral by 2030 for Staffordshire Moorlands area.

Doesn’t bode well for Projection Horizon. 👀
They've genuinely spent all but the five minutes the applicants spoke of the nearly hour and a half they've so far covered it tearing lumps out of the application. The applicant didn't have a definitive number of solar panels they actually wanted to install and changed how far the nearest one would be to a residential area three times and the third was a distance ten times further than the first.

I never expected this thread to go into solar panel discussion. Closed season never disappoints
Solar Panels Popcorn GIF by Proven Energy

They've been arguing now for about 20 minutes on just the official reason to give for refusing it. They all said it was pretty much an unfinished application about 35 minutes ago. Just tell these shysters to sod off and come back when they've done a proper application. Find a better place for your solar panels. Amateurs!!