• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I also have to say there is a beautiful Britishness in a rollercoaster on the outskirts of London in the middle of flat nothingness having to jump through huge hoops to get approved. Yet one in the middle of picturesque British countryside sandwiched between two protected historic areas getting approved in 30 minutes….

Just imaging the discourse around this for the next 18 months

200.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed the thinly veiled attempts at getting insider knowledge on PH throughout the discussion 😂

Great news on the approval; I'm sure now the ball is officially rolling, we will discover in the not too distant future whether this is SW9...

Last edited:
Can see it being another SW8 job, in that a sign will appear on a fence around this area fairly early on in the upcoming season.

Don't think it needs to be anything more than that, as only us will care about it until at least mid-2024 when they start the real in-park advertising for this.

Can see it being another SW8 job, in that a sign will appear on a fence around this area fairly early on in the upcoming season.

Don't think it needs to be anything more than that, as only us will care about it until at least mid-2024 when they start the real in-park advertising for this.

I doubt anything will appear this year, they have 2024 developments to advertise and if you market too early you get message fatigue.

They will market this ride around the summer of the season before it is due to open. First subtly then more vigorously in the autumn

I doubt anything will appear this year, they have 2024 developments to advertise and if you market too early you get message fatigue.

They will market this ride around the summer of the season before it is due to open. First subtly then more vigorously in the autumn
Plus you have to remember the site is not near to any main thoroughfare - it is blocked from almost every sightline possible until something is taken down to allow for progress.

I doubt there will even be that. The area the ride is going in can't be seen by guests, and there is no access to it. The entrance plaza will probably be the last thing they work on, so there is no reason to actually put anything there that anyone will see until well into the 2024 season.

I doubt there will even be that. The area the ride is going in can't be seen by guests, and there is no access to it. The entrance plaza will probably be the last thing they work on, so there is no reason to actually put anything there that anyone will see until well into the 2024 season.
Any reference to SW9 will completely fly over the heads of 85-90% of the visitors to the park. They're not going to call this Project Horizon for two years, when they can just stick two letters and a number on a bit of fence and get us internet speculating.

Big new project...bound to be a big "coming soon" poster at the site boundary from the start of the season.
And a big new fence to hide it all behind to feed the hype.
Black or grey primer on the fence though...

I am more interested in if they will be using WD40, or some cheap nock of brand to lubricate the hinges on the access door of said fence.

To anyone saying it's too early to put a board saying "new development" or something, Wicker Man's initial ones appeared in 2016, so it is possible.
That was because it was a big area in the middle of the park that was fenced off. The development area for this is currently a back of house area that most guests don't even know exists, let alone be able to see. So it's not really about it being too early or not, there is just no point yet.