• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Not to mention that SW8 was the only big investment on the horizon (no pun intended) at that time.

This time around Nemesis will be coming first, which they will want to draw attention to first.
And do anything to move discussion away from The Smiler crash.

Big new project...bound to be a big "coming soon" poster at the site boundary from the start of the season.
And a big new fence to hide it all behind to feed the hype.
Black or grey primer on the fence though...
It's gotta be purple - I mean, they've gotta use the excess from the Monorail for SOMETHING...

One thing that surprises me is the apparent lack of an exit gift shop. The exit path is too narrow for two-way traffic by the looks of it.

As I understand it the exit will be into the new plaza and therefore the building could well feature a shop.

However see Galactica, Oblivion and Th13teen for the longevity of exit shops lately.
To be fair they are only worth the investment in the first few years

What I am interested in is why on earth is a gift shop being reported in the news?
Simple really, as know one knows what's the ride is going to be and they have to find something or anything to get people talking about the ride is that the only thing that can be said is a gift shop...sounds more tedious than Merlin finding a 'world's first'. :p

Did any one manage to watch tpww video on what he thinks could be built inside the tin shed? Would we all want another intamin if that's the route it could possibly go down or would u be happy for them to try something different?

What's the last thing Merlin bought from Intamin ? Were they rumoured to have some involvement with the Disappointment Express ?

What's the last thing Merlin bought from Intamin ? Were they rumoured to have some involvement with the Disappointment Express ?
It’s rumoured that they had some involvement with DBGT, but other than that, I don’t think Merlin have purchased a brand new Intamin ride since Thirteen in 2010.

I think Intamin did get involved with DBGT in some capacity, but I ascertain that Simworx were the main manufacturer of that ride. I’d also assume that Intamin were involved in Colossos: Kampf der Giganten to some extent given that they manufactured the original Colossos.

I don’t know why, but I’ve got this odd feeling that Project Horizon could be an Intamin. That’s a complete stab in the dark, with little to no evidence to back it up, but I reckon Project Horizon could be an Intamin coaster. Intamin are certainly my current guess for the manufacturer.