• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

The idea that Alton Towers would know the exact opening date of a future attraction so far in advance is rather humorous.

I don't think that is so far fetched. Historically they have usually always aimed for the first day of the season to open their main attractions, they have usually always hit it too.

They would have had to know them dates well in advance, years in advance infact.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that is so far fetched. Historically they have usually always aimed for the first day of the season to open their main attractions, they have usually always hit it too.

They would have had to know them dates well in advance, years in advance infact.

They won’t know for certain the opening day of the season in 2025 or 2026. They have a model they sort of work to but it’s not a law.

They won’t know for certain the opening day of the season in 2025 or 2026. They have a model they sort of work to but it’s not a law.

Correct. But it is not by coincidence they have managed to open most of their attractions, including the large ones year on year for over 3 decades, on the first day of the season.

They would have known when they wanted to open them attractions when placing orders with ride manufactures 3 or so years before. They may not have an excet date but a window of a few weeks for sure. Because they would know when they need ride equipment on site so they can get the thing ready for when they want to open it.

Last edited:
The area it is would basically fit something the size of Arthur at Europa Park in it. Very rough comparison though, I've not measured the actual buildings or worked out the volume or anything, I just did a rough Google Maps comparison in the early days of the application.