• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Myself I think the guns been jumped. A cryptic and possibly tongue in cheek comment from creative, a press release from RMC and we seem to think it’s happening. Like previously mentioned this could be for any park and Mr Burton could be laughing his head off at home. The only things that makes me think it could have a sense of truth is the fact that both the video and RMC’s announcement coincided together, plus the concept shown does look rather like an indoor coaster. The speculation is exciting nonetheless after a quiet few months on this project.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but this is near the bottom of the planning application;

image-7.png

Apparently "sui generis" means "unique" or "of it's own kind".

Interesting.
It means this in planning:
'Sui Generis Planning is a planning application for the Change Of Use of a property from one Use Class To Another under the Sui Generis category. Sui Generis Use Class includes non-standard buildings that don't have a category for example theatres, nightclubs, hostels.'.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but this is near the bottom of the planning application;

image-7.png

Apparently "sui generis" means "unique" or "of it's own kind".

Interesting.

Could also be convenient timing, but haven't RMC also been teasing their (rumoured) single row trains too? That would certainly be unique... (but would also very likely have horrendous throughput)

Can't copy and paste it, but yesterday RMC tweeted (sorry x'd) "Secret RMC Surprise", with a tree, a branch and a leaf blowing or spinning in the wind with the symbols shown both forward and backwards... Intriguing!

Does anybody know what the use of the word secret could mean...? 😉

It all seems a bit early to me. Not entirely convinced that this is Horizon yet.
Going by all the clues, i'm almost certain RMC's announcement will be a new model, all-steel family coaster, with a new Floorless train design. Whether Project Horizon will be this model, who knows?
I'm leaning towards John's mention of RMC in the video being just a joke to wind enthusiasts up and get them talking. I mean, Towers have form for this kind of thing.
Remember this?
6087277186_dc50db6188_c.jpg

Last edited:
You are all going to be kicking yourself when you find out it’s a schwarzkopf and Anton has risen from the dead to design it.

Having loved both the Tower of Terror and Knightmare at Camelot I’d take that!

Hell, I’d be happy for them to just buy one of the few looping ones still out there refurb it and stick it in the park.