• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Not sure how likely it is that we get one for project horizon, but S&S have just revealed an official video for the Axis coaster.

Looks like an awesome ride, i love the concept of it. And if they’re releasing an official video now surely that means there’s something to do with it coming soon.

They have announced the 1st Axis coaster, that video is aimed at sales so it isn’t indicative of anything.

There's discussion in some of the other forums/discords that The Dungeons will be opening even later in the day next season than previous years, leading to speculation that it's coming up to its final season.

Also it's going to be interesting that to whether Flavio's retruns because the Retrosquad rides have departed the park and Walliams would have a huge gap as a support attraction.

Could this mean that if Flavio's and The Dungeons depart that we're going to see an extensive retheme of the area in time for Project Horizon, similar to the overhaul that Forbidden Valley is receiving for the upcoming season?

There's discussion in some of the other forums/discords that The Dungeons will be opening even later in the day next season than previous years, leading to speculation that it's coming up to its final season.

Also it's going to be interesting that to whether Flavio's retruns because the Retrosquad rides have departed the park and Walliams would have a huge gap as a support attraction.

Could this mean that if Flavio's and The Dungeons depart that we're going to see an extensive retheme of the area in time for Project Horizon, similar to the overhaul that Forbidden Valley is receiving for the upcoming season?
Project Horizon is quite far away from The World of David Walliams (there was talk that the area wouldn’t even be visible from Project Horizon’s plaza) and has its own entrance arch separate from the area according to the planning application.

With this in mind, I wouldn’t be expecting a Walliams retheme to tie in with it unless things have changed.

Didn't they purchase Flavio? It should be staying.

The Dungeons, meh. The sooner it goes the better.

I would love to see the David Walliams theme removed and the whole area refreshed with a new theme, rides and shows. Sadly, I doubt we will see anything happen alongside Project Horizon. That part of the park requires far more work than Forbidden Valley does and I'm not sure if Merlin would invest so heavily for one season.

I had way too much time on my hands over the festive period, and wanted to mess around with some ai, so put together this concept of what I'd like to see project horizon turn into.

Very much pure speculation obviously but I thought some people may enjoy! (take with a huge pinch of salt...)

https://www.behance.net/gallery/187569955/The-Secret-Garden-(Alton-Towers-concept)

Genuinely though, I think the park doesn't capitalise enough on its history and intrinsic 'magic' with its themes, outside of hex. I'd love to see something similar to this to take us back to the glory days of the 90's. I also hope we do see a full rework of Walliams world and not just an obtrusive theme stuck onto an existing area.

Last edited:
I had way too much time on my hands over the festive period, and wanted to mess around with some ai, so put together this concept of what I'd like to see project horizon turn into.

Very much pure speculation obviously but I thought some people may enjoy! (take with a huge pinch of salt...)

https://www.behance.net/gallery/187569955/The-Secret-Garden-(Alton-Towers-concept)

Genuinely though, I think the park doesn't capitalise enough on its history and intrinsic 'magic' with its themes, outside of hex. I'd love to see something similar to this to take us back to the glory days of the 90's. I also hope we do see a full rework of Walliams world and not just another obtrusive theme stuck onto an existing area.

Superb

Arguably I’d swap the carousel and wave swinger rides and think both would be better framed in the other location. And could be well finished with a GG re-theme, but fantastic, unique and exactly the kind of thing the place needs over Capri Sun…

Genuinely though, I think the park doesn't capitalise enough on its history and intrinsic 'magic' with its themes, outside of hex. I'd love to see something similar to this to take us back to the glory days of the 90's. I also hope we do see a full rework of Walliams world and not just an obtrusive theme stuck onto an existing area.

Sensational work :hearteyes:

Interesting to note that Legoland California is getting its own indoor space-themed coaster for 2025, in addition to a new flat ride and outdoor play area.

Given the similarities, if this timeline is ahead of Towers' now, it could give us a good indication of what's to come regarding hardware and perhaps raw theme (LEGO IP aside). I'd also expect the Huss talks to be group-wide, not just focused on one park, branching the conversation off into the Retrosquad replacement (but let's not get into that here, hey?) and a possible (future) addition to the Horizon area.

Last edited:
Interesting to note that Legoland California is getting its own indoor space-themed coaster for 2025, in addition to a new flat ride and outdoor play area.

Given the similarities, if this timeline is ahead of Towers' now, it could give us a good indication of what's to come regarding hardware and perhaps raw theme (LEGO IP aside). I'd also expect the Huss talks to be group-wide, not just focused on one park, branching the conversation off into the Retrosquad replacement (but let's not get into that here, hey?) and a possible (future) addition to the Horizon area.

This adds more fuel to the fire as to where the purchased Vekoma Madhouse is going, which was apparently purchased for this park. Anyway, that's for a different topic...

Fabulous work.

What’s the building size comparisons?

Also FWIW as I’ve said for a while, a mini legoland retheme of TWWDW including Dungeons and Burger Kitchen seems an absolute no brainer.

So a few things to assume from this.

Whatever this ride is, Horizon will be the same hardware and maybe even same layout pointing to some sort of double deal. Maybe even more across thr Merlin portfolio. No real issues with this.

The rumoured Mad House has been cancelled..... Hex replacement?

Huss deal seems plausible.

Does this mean Horizon will actually be a new land or just a coaster? Seems to have the space. A near replica of what's proposed here wouldn't go a miss.

This also leads me to think, who's driving projects now at Merlin. Certainly not the park's if we're seeing the same cut and paste attractions going in across multiple parks.

Reactions: Ash

Whatever this ride is, Horizon will be the same hardware and maybe even same layout pointing to some sort of double deal. Maybe even more across thr Merlin portfolio. No real issues with this.

Does this mean Horizon will actually be a new land or just a coaster? Seems to have the space. A near replica of what's proposed here wouldn't go a miss.

This also leads me to think, who's driving projects now at Merlin. Certainly not the park's if we're seeing the same cut and paste attractions going in across multiple parks.
Bit of a reach, don't you think? Two giant sheds are being built, in different countries, in different parks. It doesn't mean that they're going to put the same thing in them, or even have the same theme.

Not sure the parks ever “drove” the projects. They certainly had input into it but Tussauds and Merlin drove the projects.

Just because two indoor coasters are being built in different continents doesn’t mean they will be carbon copies. All a bit of an extrapolation at the moment.

This gives me the same sort of feels I got from the old Dark Forest concepts back in't day. Fantastic work, just perfect for Towers - AT, hire this man!