• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[20XX] Puy du Fou UK

I can't really see this working in the UK if I'm honest. I think geneerally the British public are going to expect rides from something like this, so just having shows I don't think will keep the attention span. But it's an interesting prospect and if they can make it work then it will certainly be something good to have.

There's definitely appetite I'd say. Similar events and Warwick Castle are still going.

Couple of other smaller tourist attractions are very much in the same mould of the main part (not the shows) as well. Not to this scale mind so that's the major factor there.

There's definitely appetite I'd say. Similar events and Warwick Castle are still going.

Couple of other smaller tourist attractions are very much in the same mould of the main part (not the shows) as well. Not to this scale mind so that's the major factor there.
But Warwick castle has an actual historical castle to draw people in too. I think there's an appetite for it in a way I just don't see how they are going to market it.

I can't really see this working in the UK if I'm honest. I think geneerally the British public are going to expect rides from something like this, so just having shows I don't think will keep the attention span. But it's an interesting prospect and if they can make it work then it will certainly be something good to have.

Whether we like it or not, there are far more adults out there that would much prefer to see an immersive show than go on a roller-coaster.

I think it would be an extremely popular attraction for all age groups.

I disagree, there’s a market for this in the UK. There really is. Marketed correctly and British public will visit.

The historical background of this country is huge and I for one am extremely excited about the prospect of a UK Puy du Fou.

This could be exciting, and very different for the UK tourism industry, if it goes ahead!

From what I know about Puy du Fou, I think calling it a theme park is actually a bit of a misnomer, or at very least produces a misleading idea of what the experience actually is. The experience of the European iterations is not ride-centred at all, but instead centred around shows on an extremely grand scale. We don’t really have much like that in the UK, and even if you did try and compare it to an existing UK attraction, it’s probably more comparable to something like Warwick Castle (if it didn’t have the actual castle) than any of the UK’s current theme parks.

If I’m being completely honest, it’s not something that personally interests or excites me, as I’m not really a show person in theme parks and am more into rides, but I do think that there is a market for this sort of thing in the UK, and I have faith that it could do very well.

I disagree with this, I think this will be a massive hit. The British public like a good spectacular experience and I think that the only way confusion could arise would be if it were promoted and marketed as a theme park along the lines of the Towers, which it won’t be.

We already have a few things in the UK such as Kynren and the events at Warwick Castle and it would be very easy to market this to the public as something along those lines but a bigger and more spectacular permanent experience. There are many people in this country who wouldn’t be interested in going to a theme park but would be massively interested in going to a themed experience like this. I could genuinely see this becoming one of the most visited leisure attractions in the UK in its opening years if it’s run properly.

Whether we like it or not, there are far more adults out there that would much prefer to see an immersive show than go on a roller-coaster.

I think it would be an extremely popular attraction for all age groups.
...damn fools.
One of my old bosses went on and on about how fantastically, gobsmackingly amazing the show was, a literal cast of a thousand, in the middle of nowhere.
I would be up for it, even without a coaster.

If I’m being completely honest, it’s not something that personally interests or excites me, as I’m not really a show person in theme parks and am more into rides
Me neither, but this ain’t the Go Go Go Show. It’s more comparable to West End theatre in terms of professionalism and scale. And in terms of spectacle? Well it’s leaps and bounds beyond.

Lots of talk about the British public in here, but no mention of the reasoning for the location - an hour from London. There's a massive catchment of international tourists who could visit this attraction. You only have to look at how successful Oxford is for international visitors, not to mention the likes of Bicester Outlet which is full of tourists on a daily basis.

A show celebrating British history would be a huge pull for foreign tourists in the UK, and with the location it can easily be tacked onto other existing attractions in the local area.

This sounds pretty great in my view. I definitely think an attraction like this could be a success in the uk if done well.

I know it’s not exactly the same concept, but places like The Black Country Museum are incredibly successful with not a theme park ride in sight. Instead relying on immersive environments and actors to make the experience what it is.

Lots of talk about the British public in here, but no mention of the reasoning for the location - an hour from London. There's a massive catchment of international tourists who could visit this attraction. You only have to look at how successful Oxford is for international visitors, not to mention the likes of Bicester Outlet which is full of tourists on a daily basis.

A show celebrating British history would be a huge pull for foreign tourists in the UK, and with the location it can easily be tacked onto other existing attractions in the local area.
You raise a good point!

I would also say that compared to other places in or near London (for example, the proposed location of the London Resort), this location is more easily reachable from other parts of the country like the Midlands and the North, so it offers the best of both worlds.

British public from Shakespeare to 7 second tik tok attention span.
You've got a point the current generations attention span has generally lowered year by year, mine not always being the best either.

However I think this could work, it would pull a bit more mature crowd than Thorpe park does, but picturesque places and big shows will be posted on people's socials so that could draw in a wider crowd.

We have a very rich history in this country too it's gotta be in the top 10 so there will be a lot of interest from that too.

Please don't tar all generations with a seven second attention span...
I can read a good book for hours, if left long enough.
If well funded and done properly, I can see this as a summer success, but trying to do it year round would be difficult, both weather wise and attracting a year round audience on such a scale.
So economically it could be very tricky to pull off...all that expense sat unused for 3/4 of the year, and thousands of temporary staff.

However I think this could work, it would pull a bit more mature crowd than Thorpe park does, but picturesque places and big shows will be posted on people's socials so that could draw in a wider crowd.

I could imagine this park being a particularly big hit with a more middle aged crowd actually, and also those that are bringing say grandkids along with them for example.

It would be very interesting to see the demographics of the guests at their European parks, I wouldn’t be surprised if a large part of their guests turned out to be a lot of guys in their 50s and 60s that are real history buffs in addition to the typical families that you might get.

I like the concept but question the location. The Midlands is logical in terms of access for other areas of the country but I would have thought somewhere around Bristol or Somerset way would have been good as well. Capture the thousands heading towards Dorset, Devon and Cornwall in the Summer and also still accessable for people in the greater London area

I like the concept but question the location. The Midlands is logical in terms of access for other areas of the country but I would have thought somewhere around Bristol or Somerset way would have been good as well. Capture the thousands heading towards Dorset, Devon and Cornwall in the Summer and also still accessable for people in the greater London area
The international tourist market around Oxford, with proximity to London, Bicester Village, Stratford and more vastly outweighs the UK holidaymakers down the M5.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The international tourist market around Oxford, with proximity to London, Bicester Village, Stratford and more vastly outweighs the UK holidaymakers down the M5.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
All those areas mentioned would still be within reasonable driving distance. Another site not in the Midlands is the old Camelot site, not sure how big it is but it's well placed off the M6