• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[20XX] Puy du Fou UK

I know this isn’t a ‘theme park’ as such, but if this and Universal GB happen, what a time to be alive!

I’ve watched loads of videos of Puy Du Fou in France and it would be amazing to see this in the UK. I want to go to the one in France at some point.

While exciting to see this project go to the next stage, it is a real shame for the team at Kynren/11 Arches, who are also trying to develop a similar park right now (alongside producing the Kynren show each summer). Can the UK support two of these style parks?

While exciting to see this project go to the next stage, it is a real shame for the team at Kynren/11 Arches, who are also trying to develop a similar park right now (alongside producing the Kynren show each summer). Can the UK support two of these style parks?

Kynren / 11 Arches is put on by Puy du Fou though. It’s also at the other end of the country.

They won’t be worried about competing with themselves.

I wouldn't think that Puy du Fou in Oxfordshire would affect Kynren. Kynren is 230 miles and nearly 4 hours away in County Durham, so the two will have very different catchment areas.

Kynren will primarily be attracting visitors in the North, while Puy du Fou in Bicester will primarily attract visitors from the South and more southern parts of the Midlands, as well as some potential foreign tourist custom.

I wouldn't think that Puy du Fou in Oxfordshire would affect Kynren. Kynren is 230 miles and nearly 4 hours away in County Durham, so the two will have very different catchment areas.

Kynren will primarily be attracting visitors in the North, while Puy du Fou in Bicester will primarily attract visitors from the South and more southern parts of the Midlands, as well as some potential foreign tourist custom.

Bicester Village is INCREDIBLY popular with Chinese tourists. Might not bring in loads but deffo beneficial to the location

Kynren / 11 Arches is put on by Puy du Fou though. It’s also at the other end of the country.

They won’t be worried about competing with themselves.
Although Puy Du Fou developed the show, it is not actually run by them. 11 Arches hired Puy Du Fou to produce the show but beyond the first year, Puy Du Fou have no involvement and it is a subsidiary of the Auckland Project that is funded by Jonathan Ruffer. I know that at the time, there was an exclusivity clause in the contract for producing Kynren but presume that this must be towards expiring if they are building their own.

Last edited: