• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

39 People Stuck on Rameses Revenge Ride at Chessington

AirFAN said:
As far as I'm aware they don't have the power to make you delete photos from your device. The worst they can do is eject you from the park.

Yep: (official Met Police info)

Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.

DiogoJ42 said:
Filming on ride is totally different, that's a safety issue.
Indeed. However my point was the no tolerance stance they take RE photos, and how nobody can make you delete them.

Alastair said:
AirFAN said:
As far as I'm aware they don't have the power to make you delete photos from your device. The worst they can do is eject you from the park.

Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.

It's not a public place. It's private property. They have terms and conditions of entry that stipulate they can ask for photo and video material before. I've been asked to delete things before.

Jared said:
Alastair said:
AirFAN said:

It's not a public place. It's private property. They have terms and conditions of entry that stipulate they can ask for photo and video material before. I've been asked to delete things before.

My definition of a public place is obviously different to yours then. According to the Criminal Justice Act 1972, a public place is:

“Public place” includes any highway and any other premises or place to which at the material time the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise ”.

If you really want a photo, you could get one easily. They certainly wouldn't stop me, you just need to have a little confidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't operate again this season, or if it leaves the park this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't operate again ever :'( Though knowing Merlin, they won't remove it. They'll just leave it to sit there for years, rusting away.

DiogoJ42 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't operate again ever :'( Though knowing Merlin, they won't remove it. They'll just leave it to sit there for years, rusting away.

Ala Rodeo. Although, that was Tussauds.

Never went on it and it looked great. Definitely gonna go now .
Chessie needed a thrill ride like that for the younger thrillseekers. RIP Rameses Revenge

I really hope they don't get rid of Rameses Revenge, but you never know with Merlin. :(

I don't think they'll get rid of it. Worse things have happened on rides, and people ride them every day. They just need to get it fixed and open and it will return to normal.

I just hope the people who got stuck got free MAPs or something like that... :-D

Merlin seemingly like to spend anything to keep rides running - it's not like it's ruined the reputation of Rameses, the overwhelming amount of comments relating to the incident were about how safe the ride was and that it's all okay.

Yahoo posted an article on their news section about this and nobody seemed to be bothered. No people calling for the park to be leveled, just people making a few jokes and saying that the media's reaction was a bit OTT. Quite right too; rides throw tantrums all the time.

Much ado about nothing, if you ask me! :p

My only worry is the fact 40 harnesses probably now need replacing. Baring in mind Rameses was the only Thrill ride left in a park moving away from thrill Merlin might just cut there losses and get rid of it.

If it was a family ride i would guess they would happily pay to fix it but i'm not so sure here. But who knows.

Also they can't stop you taking a photo and they can't demand you delete it. They can remove you from the park for not complying with their request though.

If they get rid of it, I hope whatever takes its place uses the same or a slightly modified version of Ramses' queue! :p

Dave's theory is pretty much what I was thinking. It will need a major refit or welding of harnesses now. It will also be approaching its removal date in the next couple of years due to age anyway.

They wouldn't close a ride just because people had to be evacuated from it, but the above could be reason enough for them to cut their losses.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

This could be a great opportunity to add another dark ride to the park?

If the park removed Ramses, dug down a little further and cleared away some of the trees, that space could just about fit a Madhouse there and the park could then easily clad the warehouse containing the main ride to make it look like a Pyramid (albeit a very small one :p ). One or two of the buildings along the way of Ramses' queue could then simply be converted to be used as preshow rooms and everything would be set for a really nice and immersive attraction that ties in well with the area's other ride.

Madhouse attractions are perfect family rides that can be given great stories, and Chessington's own Hex isn't something I'd say no to if they could pull something like that off. Above all else, Chessington needs a new dark ride and this is Merlin's chance to try something a little smaller before moving onto retheming Bubbleworks and then moving to starting something big from scratch (assuming they want to build bigger and better dark rides than Sub Terra?).

Pretty sure I've read somewhere that the park considered a Madhouse at some point?

They could (and should) put a Madhouse where Temple of Mayhem is... And have numerous pre-shows to boot...

Replace Rameses with... Something... Guessing a modern Top Spin (Talocan) is out of the question? Might as well evolve with the times and really push the boat out with it if they remove Rameses at all rather than fix it up... New version, new theming and effects...

Although I am quite sure there are some Chessington workers among us, I gathered some info from maintenance workers a few weeks back. Its either scrap it, buy it or completely re-furbish it. Just 3 weeks ago it was down with unpredictable electrical problems, as the arms were rotating unsynced, and due to the fact that the ride manufacturer is no longer in business, they would have to go through great distances and pay big amounts of money to fix it. I reckon they should replace the ride with a new top spin, or another flat ride. The plot really isnt all that big, and I really did like the vantage point the ride had.

If it costs too much to fix then they may as well cannibalise it for parts and send them up to Alton Towers for when Ripsaw needs something.

Benzin said:
They could (and should) put a Madhouse where Temple of Mayhem is... And have numerous pre-shows to boot...

Replace Rameses with... Something... Guessing a modern Top Spin (Talocan) is out of the question? Might as well evolve with the times and really push the boat out with it if they remove Rameses at all rather than fix it up... New version, new theming and effects...

Yeah, the idea of a mad house inside Temple of Mayhem has been thrown about for a little while. If we got a Floorless Top Spin, on a similar scale of Talocan, I would be there everyday. Literally. I love Talocan!