• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

40th Anniversary 2020 - ideas

My expectation is that they will add 40 brand new rides and attractions - World's most attractions ever added to a theme park in a single season.

1) New flat ride in ceebebies
2) Second New flat ride in ceebebies
3) new flat ride in x-sector (submission site)
4) new flat ride in dark forest
5) new flat in forbidden valley (ripsaw site)
6) new flat in mutiny bay / Wickerman area
7) new haunted hollow refurb
8) new tea party restaurant in gardens, with birthday cake
9) conservatories with plants to view
10) new indoor coaster in cloud cookoo land
11) new flat in cloud cookoo land
12) a new theme in cloud cookoo land
13) a new themed shop in ccland
13) new indoor play area in ccland
14) new restaurant in ccland
15) new theatre in ccland
(Ccland expansion to borrow from backstage area where required).
16) go floorless on oblivion
17) go backwards on oblivion
18) fountain show on lake in front of towers
19) explore the history guided tour
20) find 5 poos (yellow blolbs painted brown in cbeebs land, clues on map)
21) new show in mutiny bay
22) parade around lawns
23) haunted house returns (refit of duel)
24) relaunched rapids, with new effects, loads of effects
25) ghost stories walk, after closing in the dark
26) tree top quest, back
27) new! Village square 'city walk' including
28) village squarr cinema, showing new and classic films - plus during peak times live shows in the evenings
29) village square bowling
30) village square restaurant
31) village square laser adventure
32) village square rock climbing
33) new! Stargazing facilities (including play area, second bathroom area, reception and improved bar)
34) new breakfast themed restaurant
35) new themed rooms
36) waterpark expansion
37) new waterpark slide
38) new waterpark slide
39) new waterpark outdoor rapids
40) towers grand hall restored, and used to host a new high quality restaurant with live piano music. Also to be rented for weddings and other functions, as well as this year's birthday ball- where random visitors throughout the season will be invited back to get a VIP experience, as well as open bar and as luxary buffet.

Wow, actually ran out of numbers before I ran out of ideas of things I'd like to see added. So they could probably push it and combine some of the above as one attaction.

So as long as we get the above or better I certainly won't have my expectations set too high.

Can I have what he's been smoking?

Its Merlin, who dont forget are world class and second to Disney...

So offer the opportunity to have your names immortalised on the corkscrew at front of park. For £40 they will print* your name on the corkscrew forever**. These will be added in time for the 40th anniversary in 2020***.

*With Susan's (from catering) Marker Pen
**1 season if rain is not present.
***On November the 5th 2020

I wouldn't expect much for the 40th birthday. They'll likely wheel out one of those wooden birthday cakes (I think they had one a few years ago), call it "The world's biggest 40th birthday cake" and sell some pin/pop badges.

Set your expectations low, if at all.
^ This, infact the large fibreglass cake from last time is still a PokeStop at the carpark end of the Monorail even though the cake itself went into storage ages ago.

I think given that Nick Varney recently said that there is going to be less investment in the theme park division, the one thing we are sadly absolutely guaranteed within the 40 year celebration is less value with more disappointment.

Last edited:
What I want - SW9

What I'll get

40th anniversary logo.

£40 boxed presentation set of historic ride pin badges.

40th anniversary limited edition AT burger in The Burger Kitchen. I don't think they would dare charge £40 for it.

Inappropriate 40 year rave remix of HOTMK

Leek signs posters of historic attractions around the park

Presentation on the AT YouTube channel featuring a hip for the moment internet "celebrity".

Still think it is a fantastic Theme Park overall, great value with the season pass and I always have an amazing day. I'm right up there with Matt N on that, but I have a cynical side over the quality of some recent investment decisions.

Can I be on both the dark side and light side at the same time?

Last edited:
Can I be on both the dark side and light side at the same time?

I think you'd struggle to find people on this forum who aren't. It's safe to say we all love the park; we want it to succeed and we want the best for it. Sadly it's the company that own it and pull the questionable strings. The company that steal a magical wizard's name yet drain the place of the magic it had in the first place that we all take the disliking to.

^ This, infact the large fibreglass cake from last time is still a PokeStop at the carpark end of the Monorail even though the cake itself went into storage ages ago.
2e828e2278bea9e07e1bc49b9cceed5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I imagine it'll be similar to what Thorpe are getting this year with events throughout the year and some retro merchandise to sell.

How about opening to 6 on busy days, getting rid of the dungeons and replace with family ride, opening the SBNO rides and hey you will have some happy 45th anniversary customers.