• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

50% off hotels in the Sun yesterday

The online offer is SUN13, and I think you can also ring up and quote it.

Many people seemed to have problems using the offer online yesterday, but I'm uncertain about whether the issue has been fixed now.

Longy said:

Many people seemed to have problems using the offer online yesterday, but I'm uncertain about whether the issue has been fixed now.

Thanks for this, any ideas on the date range it's available over?

meryll83 said:
Longy said:

I do believe that it is all season, but prices vary anyway so you may still have to pay more on one day than you do for another. :)

Longy said:
meryll83 said:
Longy said:

I do believe that it is all season, but prices vary anyway so you may still have to pay more on one day than you do for another. :)
Must still be a problem with the online code then, as it's not working for me - will have to wait until the morning and call them - thanks for your help!

meryll83 said:
Longy said:
meryll83 said:
Longy said:

Must still be a problem with the online code then, as it's not working for me - will have to wait until the morning and call them - thanks for your help!

I've just tried again and it doesn't appear to be working for me either. It appears to be a problem down Alton's end then, and I might drop them a message later to inquire about it.

You're welcome anyway. :)

Longy said:
meryll83 said:
Longy said:
meryll83 said:
Longy said:

I've just tried again and it doesn't appear to be working for me either. It appears to be a problem down Alton's end then, and I might drop them a message later to inquire about it.

You're welcome anyway. :)

It didn't say anything about any blackout dates in the paper then? Wish I had a copy!!

As far as I'm aware, there was nothing about it in the paper, so I assume that there are no restrictions. :)

The terms said subject to availibility, valid till 7th Nov 2013 on a limited number of standard rooms on B&B basis. Must book before May 31st.

On FB yesterday towers was saying for 5 person rooms you need to ring up as it doesnt work online.

I had problems booking online too on Wednesday with code not working. I phoned them and managed to book a 1 night stay for 4 in early August which I thought was a great result as I expected agent to say no with August being school hols. I guess I was very lucky and rooms will be very limited for that month.
;D

This seems to be working now as I booked a room earlier in Splash using the code for next Saturday and it went through fine. £100...absolute bargain! It would also appear that the code CAN be used for weekend stays :)

And if you have already booked a room, I am sure there would be nothing lost ringing up, and seeing if you can switch to the Sun Discount offer :)

Ian

I called up the hotel earlier. I can confirm that you will get some sort of cashback if you have previously booked. I had paid £150 for my room for the opening meet, and after enquiring about The Sun's prices they gave me the room's new price, plus the £25 charge for rebookings. So therefore I have recieved £25 cashback for my booking. Not complaining.

Last year we got a refund on our room for some money, and they just put it on our room account, which meant we paid for food/drinks on the room, and that came off the money they owed us. Just check when you check in, as you usually have to tell them you will be paying for things using your room card.

They are forcing you to cancel existing bookings to rebook, which costs £25.

Harsh!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

When I changed mine, I kept the over payment as Credit on the account, I wonder if that's why I managed to avoid the penalty charge.

Ian

Surprised they're already allowing people to book using the sun offer considering its technically for those collecting for the free tickets :p

Therefore I wouldn't take much issue with the £25.