• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

A Royal Baby

Very true Longy, it is getting derailed by some.

But as someone that is thinking of having kids possibly at some point soon I would say good luck to them. Its not an easy job and it seems to be a never ending job.

What if you want to specifically discuss the news of the royal baby but in a critical way?

Or is this topic censored to only positive expressions of good wishes from now on?

I'm sorry... but you can't just make a topic and expect everyone to agree with you in it.

There's no reason this topic should be just celebratory. Admittedly, It's probably not the best place to discuss the further issues of Monarchy, but it's completely legitimate to post your negative reactions or political points related to the birth as well as comments of support.

It's a public forum open to various opinions. People need to get off their high horses and stop accusing others of 'derailing' every second post because someone dared disagree with them.

Also, I'm very angry that someone moved my post about the call for child benefit cuts in light of a royal baby. It was entirely relevant to the discussion. I request it be moved back.

This topic is to discuss the (one day to be) new addition to the Royal Family and to discuss the development in Kate's pregnancy. The other topic is to discuss the royal family in general, such as the racism debate which was starting to overshadow the subject in this topic.

To be frank, I'm quite shocked at how rude people have been in this topic. Some posts have been totally uncalled for.

Meat Pie said:
Also, I'm very angry that someone moved my post about the call for child benefit cuts in light of a royal baby. It was entirely relevant to the discussion. I request it be moved back.

I will get that moved back here for you in a moment. As you can understand this topic is quite fast moving so bear with us to sort the posts out. :)

Meat Pie said:

Chill its just a forum

It was never my intention to mute people's feelings about this, but to encourage them instead.

The main reason why a seperate topic was created was because some replies moved away from the topic itself, into the deeper royal family of which was not to be discussed here.

I was perfectly fine with people having opinions about this news, whether they be good or bad, but not if they seem to abuse the royal family in a way which is unrelated to the context.

I'm no Royalist myself, even if it appears that way from these posts, and I don't agree with some things that they do. However, with this in mind, I suggest staying on topic here, and discussing the other royal family news and opinions in the other topic.

Well OK then, if we're only allowed to talk about the baby and only in a gushing, positive way, then I'd like to congratulate the couple on this decade's first well known case of a human being impregnated by a Reptilian.

Just to clarify.

This topic is here to discuss the development of Kate's pregnancy and the one day to be new addition to the royal family.

Members are more than welcome to post their views, whether they be positive or negative - however make sure your post is well constructed and adds to the discussion. One liner posts with a quick statement do nothing for the topic, so add a little more so other members can understand your views more and discuss.

Blaze said:
Well OK then, if we're only allowed to talk about the baby and only in a gushing, positive way, then I'd like to congratulate the couple on this decade's first well known case of a human being impregnated by a Reptilian.

Would you care to quote where a team member has said that this topic is only permitted to have positive posts and no negative ones?

The posts split concerned racism and the royal family. So I don't really see what the problem is here apart from people getting snappy with one another.

Ah, how I love this 'community'. A collection of people that don't seem to accept when others have opinions, & insist on bringing a jolly topic right down.
Rather than discussing something that is very loosely connected to the topic, in a very distant way, why not discuss it in a separate topic, specifically for that? I, for one, do not see the relevance of whether the Queen is homophobic, Harry dressed as a Nazi, nor if the royals hold racist views or not, being discussed HERE. It simply has no connection to the news of a new royal baby.

I love TST, but I simply despise the above. It's happened multiple times, over multiple threads, and will continue to do so. However much the rules are pointed out, people still insist on taking topics off topic, and discussing, mostly, derogatory points. Yes, we all have different views, but that's no reason to attempt to destroy another for this. I've noticed that going off topic never happens in light of a good point. It's always for the bad.....

I, for one, welcome this news. Regardless of if we like it or not, we live in a democracy & have a royal family. As we have to accept this, I personally think this is a fantastic story.

They had sex. Congratulations. Her purpose in the Royal Family has been fulfilled.

Again, congratulations on the sex.

Honestly, the sex must have been fantastic as a baby has been conceived.

What more can we say if not allowed to discuss anything else about it? After the wedding last year and the jubilee this year, it should have been become clear that not everyone on here is a royalist, and also that discussion in all forms should be encouraged.

But still, if we are only allowed to discuss the fact they have conceived... I wonder how long Wills lasted in the bedroom?

T said:
I, for one, welcome this news. Regardless of if we like it or not, we live in a democracy & have a royal family. As we have to accept this, I personally think this is a fantastic story.
Do you not see the contradiction here?

And to point out that this is still just about the kid, what makes it so fantastic exactly? Compared to the thousands of other children conceived recently?

Blaze said:
T said:
Do you not see the contradiction here?

And to point out that this is still just about the kid, what makes it so fantastic exactly? Compared to the thousands of other children conceived recently?
No, no I don't. I stated that we have a Royal family. That is fact. I then stated we live in a democracy. That is also fact. I then went on to state that we have to accept it, regardless. That is also fact.

How is that contradictory? Before you go down the route insinuating I don't know the meaning of democracy, I do. Equal say is important, I completely agree, but it's not as if we are muted as citizens of the United Kingdom as is repeatedly made out in these royal topics....

It's brilliant news as our royal family is extending!

T said:
It's brilliant news as our royal family is extending!
Why is that brilliant news? It's great for them, but why is it great for anyone else? We don't know them, they don't know we exist or care about us. It's just another kid.

Have to agree with Blaze on this one; I'm neither offended nor delighted at the news of a pregnancy in the royal family. Sure, it's great for them, but for everybody else it's just... uninteresting, surely? Would you expect them to care if you were going to have a child? Leave the royal family love-in to the Americans. ;)

The Royal Family is not subject to democracy, therefore it is illogical and ironic to conclude that we have a democracy. The two are incompatible. They are opposites. They are contradictory.

T, I'm happy that you're glad the Royal Family is extending as it is your money that pays for them. However I wish I could direct my tax money to helping people who really need it, rather than going to a child born into an already very, very, very privileged family, and a position of undemocratic power.

I'm happy generally, no real issue with the Royals now most of them are off the civil list (i pay £450 a month in tax, 92p a year is negligible enough for me not to care) and it helps the old tourism budget. But i'm not going to bother getting too giddy, people have kids every day.