• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Abenteuer Antarktis: water chute ride for SEALIFE Oberhausen

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by Martyn B on CF.

It seems like Oberhausen will be the first SEALIFE ever to get an actual ride.

URHHs.jpg

YGBeq.jpg

Looks like a Hopkins Shoot-the-Chutes, ala Tidal Wave.

And so it begins. Expect to see clones of this popping up at other Sealifes, with identikit theming recycled from Billund's Polar Xplorer. There's even bloody shipping containers on the concept art.

Merlin: come up with one theme idea every five years; reproduce it twenty times in parks and midway attractions around the world; wallow joyously in mountains of cash.

Weymouth Sea Life has several rides!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I like how they've gone with a completely unique name - avoiding similarities with any other ride in Germany. ;-)

atlantis06.jpg

I like the idea but surely people who go to an Aqarium dont go to get absolutley soaked? or am I just talking rubbish!

Themeparkmania said:
I like the idea but surely people who go to an Aqarium dont go to get absolutley soaked? or am I just talking rubbish!
No, I agree. Getting wet isn't what I expect either!

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Re: Abenteuer Antarktis: water chute ride for SEALIFE Oberhausen

Jordan said:
I like how they've gone with a completely unique name - avoiding similarities with any other ride in Germany. ;-)

atlantis06.jpg

Tbf only sounds similar because we dont speak German,

Atlantis adventure vs Antarctic adventure, either isn't that inspiring! :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Interesting idea here, doubt it'll be brought around to every Sea-Life ever due to a lack of space, but hey, these things need diversity...

Merlin seem to be copying Cedar Fair/Six Flags business ideas atm, CLONE ALL THE ATTRACTIONS!

I really like the idea, but then again I like Atlantis at Legoland. I wonder what fish you'll get to float over you?!

Am I the only one that would love something pirate themed like this as a Flume replacement?

Well if there were one at every one, i would then be about 20 minuites car journey from my local merlin ride.

This should have way more of the boat floating through a glass tunnel. In fact, a whole boat ride that went through an aquarium in an entirely glass 360° tunnel would be awesome.

Sam said:
This should have way more of the boat floating through a glass tunnel. In fact, a whole boat ride that went through an aquarium in an entirely glass 360° tunnel would be awesome.

Not sure if doable to that degree, certainly a more traditional floor tunnel would certainly work though...

Coasterfriends has a report (with some great photos) on the opening day of Abenteuer Antarktis here. It all looks a little plain. :S

Abenteuer Antarktis?

Abenteuer Atlantis!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A few things to note from that site:

Is that a satellite dish I spot?
172333d1367262379-dscn0395-individuell-.jpg

Is that a shipping container I spot?
172328d1367261940-dscn0371-individuell-.jpg

And it has an old Habbo style map!
172334d1367262470-park-map.jpg

Oh Merlin you do surprise me :p

Ah excellent it goes through two shipping container like things! ;)

In all seriousness, despite the very dodgy looking ride system (I'm not sure I trust the big vertical structure!!), that looks really good for an attraction at a SeaLife. There's some really good theming. I've just had a look at the website and I really like the idea of the SeaLife Adventure Park. I have no idea on the location or available space but could it eventually lead to a new theme park? It would be great to see more of these rolled out in various places though, gives people a lot more to do than look at fish when at a SeaLife and it looks like there is a Legoland Discovery Centre at this one also. So all in all it makes a great family day out. This is a time to say well done Merlin!

:)

Rob said:
Ah excellent it goes through two shipping container like things! ;)

In all seriousness, despite the very dodgy looking ride system (I'm not sure I trust the big vertical structure!!), that looks really good for an attraction at a SeaLife. There's some really good theming. I've just had a look at the website and I really like the idea of the SeaLife Adventure Park. I have no idea on the location or available space but could it eventually lead to a new theme park? It would be great to see more of these rolled out in various places though, gives people a lot more to do than look at fish when at a SeaLife and it looks like there is a Legoland Discovery Centre at this one also. So all in all it makes a great family day out. This is a time to say well done Merlin!

:)

Weymouth Sea Life is also an adventure park. it has a much wider variety of animals, as well as a mini log flume and a few childrens rides. There's also the observation Towers, but its a bit of a trek to get to it.

Thomas said:
Is it just me that thinks that ride looks really really slow?

I don't think Shoot The Chutes are know for their intensity and speed :p