• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure Island 30th August

Thameslink Rail

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
Oh My Goodness: what a park! Where do I start?
First off, opening hours 11-8 is good in itself but they extended opening to 10pm which was insane.
Price £22.50 I definitely got my money's worth! Rage (twice), Axis (twice), Time Machine (twice - I agree with Pluk that it's the best flat ride in Britain). Dragons Claw (twice - just as intense as Time Machine).
I didn't feel rushed and I got on lots of rides despite the park being very busy.
Staff were the friendliest I have ever met, they were more than happy to joke around with me. Some encouraged people to play games both on and waiting for the ride (17 year olds not excepted).
All in all, possibly the best park in the UK that does thrill rides. Any questions, just ask!

I'm planning on nipping over to Adventure Island next year, as some of my uni friends are interested in going to. Considering the park was open for 11 hours, did you only get 8 rides in, or could you have easily got more?

I'm planning on nipping over to Adventure Island next year, as some of my uni friends are interested in going to. Considering the park was open for 11 hours, did you only get 8 rides in, or could you have easily got more?
That was a few examples. I lost count of how many rides I got on but it was around 20-25. I got lucky though in that three times I skipped part of the queue as a single rider.
Edit: done the maths, 31 rides 73p per ride

Adventure Island was OK when I went although it was many years ago now. For me, though, it lacks the nostalgia of parks like Pleasure Beach or Kennywood. It's a pity it doesn't have some really good old stuff. The coasters are middle of the road at best - it's a pity they haven't the space to put something custom in.

If you like being spun about at a rate of knots it's probably a better place, to be fair!

I think I was there about 3 or 4 hours. There opening hours are generally very long, but it's one of those parks that I would imagine most guests just pop in to for part of a day.

Middle of the road, yes but Rage is still better than what most independent parks have (at least its not a Pinfari). Dragon's Claw and Time Machine are vastly superior to anything Merlin has flat wise.

Last edited:
It's also superior to anything Europa-Park, Efteling, Gardaland or PortAventura have flat wise.

I mean, flat rides like Time Machine belong at these amusement parks.

:)

Last edited:
Adventure Island was OK when I went although it was many years ago now. For me, though, it lacks the nostalgia of parks like Pleasure Beach or Kennywood. It's a pity it doesn't have some really good old stuff. The coasters are middle of the road at best - it's a pity they haven't the space to put something custom in.

To be fair they do have a few good proper vintage attractions, like the Junior Whip and crooked house, both being older than my parents, but there's no getting away from that modern flat slab of concrete feel the park has.

It wasn't really part of the park, it was a separate attraction, but it's a real shame Never Never Land on the cliffside opposite was lost to landslides over a number of years. That had a lovely old time feel to it.