• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure Island: General Discussion

^ But the Pleasure Beach Is one of the biggest draws for Blackpool, so it's location is sort of irrelevant.

There's a photo doing the rounds on Facebook of what looks to be Wild Mouse coaster track.

Could well be track for this new dark ride though.

There's a good book about the Kursaal if people want to know more.
http://www.joylandbooks.com/books_new/kursaalmemories.htm

By acreage it may have been the second biggest amusement park in the country, after Blackpool. Or even the biggest when it opened. According to a few websites it was around 27 acres:
http://www.kursaal.co.uk/

For example Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach is around 9 acres, Adventure Island is currently about 7 acres and Dreamland is about 16. I think Pleasureland Southport was around 18 (not sure if that included the zoo). In seaside amusement park terms 27 acres is huge.

The guy who founded Adventure Island (then called Peter Pan's playground and only on one side of the pier) used to run some of the rides at the Kursaal as a concession.

I have know about the Kursaal for many years. We used to see it from the outside when I used to visit Southend as a kid. It was always closed.

Showing my age...I learned about the place via the band Kursaal Flyers.
Oh my I am getting old.
1976...seems like yesterday.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what is happening with Kiddi Koasta, the park's Zamperla Speedy Coaster, because according to RCDB, the ride was removed in 2017, but I saw a picture somewhere else implying that it is merely in storage, with a covered structure of some sort having been erected in its place. Does anyone know what's happening?

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what is happening with Kiddi Koasta, the park's Zamperla Speedy Coaster, because according to RCDB, the ride was removed in 2017, but I saw a picture somewhere else implying that it is merely in storage, with a covered structure of some sort having been erected in its place. Does anyone know what's happening?

The Speedy Coaster will be built up again on the roof of the building - space saving strategy!

Did anyone ride Axis this year? Looks pretty sweet.

Couple of old postcards from today's update to the pet project;

TheCarousel_AdventureIsland_Postcards_1.jpg

TheCarousel_AdventureIsland_Postcards_2.jpg

TheCarousel_AdventureIsland_Postcards_3.jpg