• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure Island Southend - Quick question

Shaggy_Dog_

TS Member
I’ve not been to Adventure Island before but I’m thinking of visiting next week on Good Friday as it happens I’ll be in Essex and have a few hours spare.

Any ideas of what the queues might be like? I’m thinking that due to it being Good Friday it could be quite busy perhaps? I’m only really interested in riding Rage and the thrill flats (Time Machine, Axis, Screature and also Dragon’s Claw as it looks like that might have reported again) so I’m also wondering how much it is to pay per ride as only the wristband price is shown on their website.

It’s something around £2 per ride if you just want single ride tickets. We did Rage on a bank holiday Monday last year and probably waited 40 minutes or so with the queue well out of the entrance.

Ride tickets are £2.50 each, I remember doing 4 rides for a tenner a few years back. Each ride takes just one ticket.

Adventure Island queues are pretty much 100% weather dependent, the park relies on people visiting the seaside rather than the park itself.

I know some thrill rides didn't open after winter maintainance on time, not sure what the lineup looks like currently.

I know some thrill rides didn't open after winter maintainance on time, not sure what the lineup looks like currently.

We were in Southend for other reasons last month and Rage was running, we watched it from the pier. Might have been on just one train though. Of course that doesn't mean it is definitely working a month later!

We were in Southend for other reasons last month and Rage was running, we watched it from the pier. Might have been on just one train though. Of course that doesn't mean it is definitely working a month later!

Yes, Rage and Axis opened on time, AFAIK Time Machine didn't, and both Skreacher and Dragons Claw weren't even on site!

Yes, Rage and Axis opened on time, AFAIK Time Machine didn't, and both Skreacher and Dragons Claw weren't even on site!

Ouch! The website lists both Skreacher and Dragons Claw so I was hoping that they’d be running, maybe I’ll send the park an email to check before I buy a wristband. The trip becomes much less attractive without Time Machine, Skreacher, and Claw but I’d still go to get the Rage cred, but I think I’d just pay for the ride singly.

I went to Adventure Island at Easter last year. I waited about 30 minutes for Rage, 10 minutes for Axis, and everything else was walk-on.

I'd say Dragons Claw not being on site immeasurably improves your visit. Disgusting ride.

Make sure to ride Adventureville though.

Well I visited today, had a good time but no Time Machine as it’s currently under maintenance and it doesn’t look like Screature is even on site. There’s no Dragon’s Claw either though apparently that might be a good thing.

c29fef84fdfd7d071403e89f6f4c5653.jpg

Anyone know that ride this is?

Last edited: