• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure World Warsaw: Project shelved

Maelstrom

TS Member
An article in the LA times reveals details about this planned park in poland and ground breaking is set for 21st July. The artcle is below and can be seen on the below link (inc concept art)

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-adventure-world-warsaw-poland-06201227,0,417169.story

By Brady MacDonald
Los Angeles Times staff writer
July 10, 2012

The $800-million Adventure World Warsaw theme park set to break ground July 21 will feature lands dedicated to mythical creatures, ancient legends, fantasy worlds and Polish history.

Located about a half-hour southwest of Warsaw, the 240-acre resort is expected to debut in 2015 with a theme park, indoor water park, retail center and two hotels. About a third of Adventure World will operate year-round with the remainder of the theme park open from March until October.

Netherlands-based Joravision Themeworld Wizards, which is designing Adventure World, has worked on projects at Tivoli Gardens (Denmark), Efteling (Netherlands), Walibi World (Netherlands) and Futuroscope (France).

Laid out around a central lake, Adventure World will be divided into six themed lands with a total of 25 rides. While most of the planned attractions have been finalized, several of the ride names remain working titles.

Visitors will pass under a hotel to access the park's bazaar-like main street entryway before reaching a central hub with spokes leading to the various lands.

The Middle Ages-themed Castle Island will teem with knights, witches, dragons and magicians telling the stories of King Arthur, Merlin and Robin Hood. Among the attractions:
> Merlin's Rainbow Hunt - A Vekoma mine train roller coaster identical to Calamity Mine at Walibi Belgium.
> Magic Bikes - A Zamperla MotoCoaster with broomstick-styled trains.
> Storm's River - A Hafema river rapids ride traveling through a castle and past a fierce dragon.
> Magic Brooms - A spinning flat ride with a cauldron at the center and ride vehicles themed as witches hats and broomsticks.

The Creature Lagoon kiddie land would feature cyclops, satyrs, phoenixes, unicorns and other mythical creatures that play pranks on visitors. Adventure World officials are still in negotiations with an intellectual property group that would provide characters for the land. Among the attractions:
> Pegasus Taxis - A Vekoma junior coaster.
> Monster Splash - A dragon-themed Mack Rides Twist 'n' Splash tea cups-style attraction armed with water cannons.
> Cyclops Fall - A Zierer junior freefall tower.
> Satyr Swinger - A Zierer wave swinger.
> Jumbo Ride - A Zierer octopus ride with bird-themed ride vehicles.
> An elevated pedal-powered ride similar to Sky Cruiser at Legoland California.

The Land of Legend blends together ancient Mayan and Egyptian folk tales and myths. Among the attractions:
> Challenge of Lord Ra - An Egyptian-themed Vekoma junior boomerang coaster.
> Love Boat - A romantic cruise around the lake with Aphrodite.
> A Zamperla sea creature-themed carousel sitting in the middle of the lake.

The year-round Old Poland land is themed as a 17th and 18th century Polish town with a number of indoor attractions suitable for the winter months. Adventure World officials envision hosting Christmas events in the historically evocative land. Among the attractions:
> Magic Palace of Pan Twardowski - A Vekoma Mad House haunted swing that tells the story of a sorcerer who makes a deal with the devil.
> Book Mission - An interactive dark ride through a library where riders travel through traditional Polish stories.
> The Golden Duck - An interactive show similar to "Stitch Live" at Disneyland Paris where visitors talk to fairy-tale characters.
> A Soarin'-like flying theater with riders hang-gliding over Polish landmarks.
> A Mack Rides spinning coaster.
> A Mack tea cup ride.

Visitors to the year-round Lost Kingdom land will assume the roles of heroes on a quest to find a lost city inside a number of indoor attractions with volcano and mountain themes. The area will feature the largest expanse of sculpted rockwork in a European theme park. Among the attractions:
> Atlantis - An interactive shooting dark ride with water and projection effects set in the legendary underwater city.
> Ice Riders - An indoor launched roller coaster winding its way through the tunnels and caverns of a mountain during the Ice Age.
> Marco Polo and the Curse of Poseidon - A 24-minute indoor stunt show pitting the famed world traveler against Hades, the god of the underworld.
> Bumper Cars - Bumper car teams armed with laser guns compete to trigger targets inside an erupting volcano.
> X-Ride - Officials remain tight-lipped about plans for a "super" coaster from Vekoma featuring a new ride system

Re: Adventure World Warsaw

Well that looks awesome!
I am actually getting a bit more excited about this with the more I read about it. I really enjoy going to Warsaw so this will be an added reason to go!

I have not seen anything that looks like a big coaster but I am not too up with all the geeky stuff to do with coasters so I may have missed something ???

2015 holiday here we come!

I have been having a little look about and found some other photos and videos of it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/5JkH_x9XwTg[/youtube]

Noticed the Vekoma Junior Boomerang there, but is the water ride in that image a new Intamin Super Splash?

The roller coasters are-

Vekoma Mine Train
Vekoma Junior Coaster
Vekoma Junior Boomerang (ie ben 10)
Mack Spinning Coaster
Zamperla Moto Coaster (broomstick themed trains)
Indoor Launched coaster (no manufacture listed)
Mystery Super Coaster (listedas a a Vekoma with new style ride system) i asume this is there major coaster and thats wh keeping tight lipped about it.

I think it also interesting how two of the lands will feature indoor actractions that are the closest to the entrance that will allow them to operate these lands year round with the other areas open march to oct.

Maelstrom said:
Vekoma Mine Train
Vekoma Junior Coaster
Vekoma Junior Boomerang (ie ben 10)
Mack Spinning Coaster
Zamperla Moto Coaster (broomstick themed trains)
Indoor Launched coaster (no manufacture listed)
Mystery Super Coaster (listedas a a Vekoma with new style ride system) i asume this is there major coaster and thats wh keeping tight lipped about it.

That'd be an insane number of coasters for an established park company to open with in the west, nevermind a new park in Eastern Europe. I strongly doubt it will open with all those coasters. I mean, why do you need to open with a Vekoma Junior and a Vekoma Junior Boomerang?! Are four 'big' coasters really needed? Surely two should suffice!

It's stuff like this that makes me doubt this park will actually happen. If it opens with the above rides, it'll be by far the most coasters at the opening of a park ever.

I do love the sound of this place, the amount of rides they aim to have open in time is a bit ridiculous and ambitious. Then again the concept art is utterly gorgeous, a bit Rainbow Magic Land, where I foolishly hope none of this is watered down/removed for budgetary reasons.

If even half of this stuff gets built for opening, I'll be amazed. But good luck to them.

Also its near Warsaw which is a lovely city to visit! I am really looking forward to this and hoping that it is built to the standard they are claiming.

This has the feel of all those Chinese parks that never actually get built.

All the best to them, but I can't help but be sceptical that this Vekoma-land will be anything like this, if it opens at all.

Will be interesting to see if it all happens, as it certainly seems a very large scale plan to build all this at once. Although ground breaking starts in a week or so's time, although thats not to say it will mean all this will get completed.

With the coasters many of them are off the self designs such as the mine train, the vekoma kiddy coasters and the moto coaster. Plus the coasters are not overly expensive models and there are not any expensive Intamin or B&M coasters.

However as we have seen in the past with other projects of this size very few actually happen.

Ground-breaking ceremony, from their Facebook:

599841_444380675601968_852775704_n.jpg

531707_444380895601946_623054869_n.jpg

376704_444381032268599_1519336159_n.jpg

554893_444381122268590_407952168_n.jpg

283713_444381195601916_766709783_n.jpg

396842_444381242268578_1600436210_n.jpg

422329_444381315601904_1941411395_n.jpg

I'm beginning to think there's a chance this project might actually get built now! :D

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm now getting bored of seeing models of this park. Are they actually building anything, or are they going around the world touring that model and their artwork?

News first broke of this project ages ago, yet every update is the same thing, "look at our park, it's going to be amazing".

It is currently being built.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bad news, according to Screamscape and In Park Magazine:

Poland - (2/6/13) Concern over the Adventure World Warsaw park project and other matters has sent the stock price of parent company, Royal Imtech, down to almost half of what it was previously. Read more over at InParkMagazine.

New building permits are up on Themeparx! They've also linked a few more images of concept art to show more of the park in greater detail if you scroll down.

:)

Uh-oh...

Adventure World Warsaw said:
In order to obtain long term financing for the construction of the Adventure World Warsaw Resort and amusement park, the AWW Board was obliged to have the project split into a number of constituent parts to facilitate the phasing of the construction. This task of dividing the project into separate phases has been placed with an independent design company WATG. Prior to commencing this task, WATG has conducted a preliminary audit of the design. This audit has concluded that the design needs to be improved. Making improvements to the design is predicted to last for about 8 weeks. As a consequence the Board have put the project on hold until the middle of August whilst this re-design is completed.

From the 18th of June the AWW headquarters is closed. The office of Adventure World Warsaw will be moved to a temporary location until a new office is built at the construction site of Adventure World Warsaw in Grodzisk Mazowiecki.

In urgent matters please contact us at [email protected].

Sorry for the massive bump, but it looks like this is where Adventure World Warsaw ends.

The Dutch investor behind what was intended to be Europe's largest theme park has filed for the bankruptcy of his company.
The construction of Adventure World Warsaw (AWW) began in July 2012, with plans to employ some 3000 people at the park in Grodzisk Mazowiecki, south west of the Polish capital.
“It is with great sorrow that I declare that I have signed an application for the bankruptcy of AWW and its subsidiary firms,” Peter Jan Mulder confirmed on Tuesday, as cited by the Puls Biznesu daily.
“Despite many attempts, it was not possible to build and finance the amusement park in Grodzisk Mazowiecki,” he stated.
“This failure seems to be permanent,” he said, adding that AWW is unable to meet debts to creditors.
Jan Pazio from Grodzisk Mazowiecki's town hall has said that there are still hopes that another investor might purchase the land and reignite the project.
Adventure World Warsaw was ear-marked to cover approximately 230 hectares, and the budget for construction had been estimated at 2.5 billion zloty (about 598 million euro).
The park was supposed to explore myths and legends from across the globe, from Slavic to Ancient Egyptian.

An awful shame as the park looked great but new parks rarely seem to come to fruition.

Such a shame as it looked like a great park!