• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Advice for going to Europa Park in May?

I'm thinking of going to Europa Park from the 8th-11th of May (3 days in the Europa Park and then a day in Rulantica). If I've done my research right then this should be when schools have gone back and should be in term time. However, looking at the Hotels it appears that most of them are booked out which is making me wonder whether these dates are going to be busy. Are the hotels at Europa Park normally this busy or have I overlooked something? Will three days still be enough to do everything in the park?

The hotels often do reach capacity. If it is an off-peak time, then there is every chance that the hotels will not actually be operating at maximum capacity, so although they are showing as sold out they may only be using say 60% of the rooms. Either way, the park can handle huge numbers so even if the hotels are full you'll be absolutely fine with the 3 days!

I would say avoid the week after. It contains Ascension Day on Thurs 18th, which was mega busy the last time I stupidly booked to go over that date.

Remember - lots of Europa-Park's room allocation is given to third parties. German Hotel websites such as Ameropa, DERTOUR and Expedia may have rooms showing if the main website appears sold out.

This can especially be the case for the tiny hotel Santa Isabel, which only offers 66 rooms.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry. The flexible cancellation policy of the hotels also leads to a lot of placeholder reservations that are canceled only a few days in advance. The week you mentioned should be fine. Looking at www.wartezeiten.app statistics, during the week in the first half of May is one of the least busy times in the whole summer season. And 3 days are plenty.

Edit: By the way, if haven't already, look into this thread: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...going-to-europa-park-for-the-first-time.5924/

There is almost every imaginable question discussed in preparation of a first visit to EP. Plus a few more.

Last edited:
Just to add to this thread, I notice you often get a lot of conferences and groups of people in the hotels when it’s offpeak, I assuming taking a lot of hotel rooms in the process.