• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Air

pluk

TS Member
Obviously not to discuss the grubby tunnel or corrugated tin roof, such things are only considered by those without a life.

But for all other things Air....

I love it. I've ridden a couple of other flyers and Air may not be the biggest but I still hold it as the best. It is just right for the design, working with the unique ride position to give a well paced and pleasantly forceful flight, rather than fighting against the design like the larger models feel to do, especially at Magic Mountain.

Of all rides at AT though, this one needs to be well maintained to keep it smooth. It is now a long way from where it was when it was new, I've occasionally had a couple of rougher experiences on it recently and that really is not pleasant and the feeling of gliding flight is lost. Can they do anything to get it back to where it was?

I'd love to see another flying coaster in the UK, I think the ride position is awesome.

Air is still the only B&M flying coaster that actually provides the experience of flying, the others are just too intense from what I hear.

It is unfortunate though that quite a lot of the theming was cut from the ride as it would be a much better experience if all that theming that can be seen in the concept pictures actually was built. But I do like Air and it is my 3rd favorite ride on park. :)

I've never liked Air in the past (mainly due to the lack of themeing and dull experience), but a ride on the back row last Saturday changed my opinion. You get a much better sensation of speed.

Still not sure I'd queue over twenty minutes, though.

JamesDLD said:
Still not sure I'd queue over twenty minutes, though.

I am the complete opposite, that is the only ride I deem worthy queueing long for apart from Nemesis due to it's longer length.

Currently, I'd whack some themeing in the queueline, even if it's just a few rocks.

I love Air, it's a solid ride and the feeling is incredible. I actually prefer Manta though, the pretzel loop is amazing.

Agree with Teddy, great feeling and incredibly smooth. The lie to fly bit is unique of a B&M flyer, and gives one of my favourite experience in the park, and the barrel roll is great.

Could be improved though, possibly with a few face-chopper elements- such as rocks on the final bend- which would make the ride more exciting. Some people have also said something about the Air Tunnel being bad, but that must've been kept quiet, as I've never heard about it before.

While I much prefer rides with a kick, I quite enjoy Air and like to go on it earlier on in the day as it's a lovely and relaxing ride that's in contrast to Nemesis, which is pure thrills from start to finish. Plus back row can be thrilling if it's riding well.

I would never want to queue more than 30 for it unless the park was stupidly busy though.

I think they should just make it so that the tunell is pitch black, so the... badness... if that's a word, can't be seen lol. I don't know how they would do this though :p

jamesrosenrosen said:
I think they should just make it so that the tunell is pitch black, so the... badness... if that's a word, can't be seen lol. I don't know how they would do this though :p

Blue Fire style automatic door just before the lift hill?

What does everyone think if the ride was re themed, what to. Yes its (supposed) to be an Oasis but to properly fit into the atmosphere and theme of Forbidden Valley.
I did think about it to the same old rustic industrial theme (but would a ride so smooth and peaceful take up that theme? I feel putting a smooth graceful experience with the (industrial theme) just wouldn't go.
Any ideas,?

I enjoy Air but I wouldn't say it's my favourite in the park (probably my third or fourth favourite after Nemesis and Oblivion.)

However I love the smoothness of the ride and the feeling of 'flying'. :)

soundwave96 said:
I dont like it its to slow for me it would be better if it was quicker.
I'm not sure that you would enjoy it any more if it were y'know... The ride design and layout is purely there to simulate flight. Hence why it is so graceful and smooth - which is also why it lacks powerful forces. If the ride were more forceful, it would lose the essence of being a flyer and other, more forceful flyers around the world have received not brilliant reviews.