• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Air's Tunnel

James said:
The Psychoaster said:
Air's tunnel is the lowest possible priority on park at the moment. It's almost a non-issue, I don't get why there are so many replies on this and the old TTF thread on this. It may look poor but it's very unlikely to ever change and you are only in it for possibly about 20 seconds at most.

20 seconds of looking at concrete. I want 20 seconds of looking at something aesthetically pleasing.

We know it will never be changed. Alton Towers have made it quite clear by now it's nothing they have plans to change. But this is TowersStreet, with the majority of the TTF community - it's tradition to moan about this tunnel. :p

Let the discussion continue then!

I must be the only person on this forum not overly fussed by the barren concrete tunnel. :p

You people just don't appreciate that the tunnel is a homage to the increasingly rare Brutalist architectural style. :p

Let's face it, we're not gonna' get anything now. Air has settled in fine and has had little improvements overall.

scumbag-steve-meme-generator-says-they-re-done-posting-keeps-on-bumping-the-thread-56222c.jpg

Even Scumbag Steve knows it. I think it's just natural in the enthusiast spirit to keep bumping it, and to that I say. Get a life.

It is said that the tunnel to be home to a pack of shy and protected species called 'merlin mops'. ;D

josht said:
Was there every any theming plans from when it was built ??

Yes it was recently highlighted in the Towers Street Tuesday topic over at Talbot Street.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Stelios said:
Air has settled in fine and has had little improvements overall.

Um...like what exactly?

Air DVD, general clean just what you expect and your right, probably there are no improvements but as it's still popular I think there would be no reason for Alton to.

Air DVD is not an improvement - I don't enjoy getting blinded by the lights.

May as well say the old YourDay antennas were an improvement to the tunnel ;).

get.a.life

nothing will happen. alton have better things to do than paint some mouldy tunnel.

anyway, it is the mops habitat and they do not like changes in climate. :D ;D :)

It makes me smile that this topic still gets posted in... Even though I remade it on here as a joke back at the start :)

This topic will forever get posted in until Air leaves the park or the Air tunnel gets finished. Even then I think people will still post in here!

At the end of the season, I want to take a hide down to the air tunnel and spend some time trying to see the elusive merlin mops. ;D