• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Air's Tunnel

I LOVE the fact this thread has more posts on it than the SW7 thread!...

On topic: I doubt very much anything wil happen with the air tunnel after this amount of time.

Time to just live with the concrete "beauty" we have now.

Wondered how long it would take for this topic to show...not long I see.

Don't know what you are all on about anyway, the concrete floor is so nice to look at - it is very rare you get to see that much concrete laid bare staring straight back at you... ;D

Trust me guys Towers do have a few ideas in mind for the future of Air's tunnel, it's just nearly everything you can do, cannot be done. You can't paint, because the paint will just peel off. You can't use fog and mist because A: if you use oil for mist it will be slippery on the ground and won't fit health and safety, and B: If you use water it will flood the tunnel, if you are too use a pump to pump the water back into the machine, just think of the cost of running and other things. Merlin always put money first, as you can see.. They're no Disney business, they won't be careless of the cost of building something, they always look to see if it will make a profit in the future, if it will pay back. Merlin are an awkward bunch! But no worries, something will be done to the tunnel in the near future, no worries :)

I think that the Air tunnel is one of the last things on Merlins and AT's mind, Air is a ten year old coaster now and the GP love it. It's only us enthusiasts that really care about the missing theming. Now I know thats not much of an excuse why they won't do anything to the tunnel, but it's what AT and Merlin will say.

There are know far more worthy things to spend some cash on, like repainting Oblivion. ;)

Add some urine scent pots, and you've got your local Multi storey car park theme. Sorted!

T said:
Add some urine scent pots, and you've got your local Multi storey car park theme. Sorted!
But I prefer the current damp smell down there! Far more in keeping with the car park theme.

Oh wait, Air is not themed around a city centre car park? WHATTTT!? The past 10 years have been a lie. :'(

James said:
T said:
But I prefer the current damp smell down there! Far more in keeping with the car park theme.

Oh wait, Air is not themed around a city centre car park? WHATTTT!? The past 10 years have been a lie. :'(

We've been CONNED!!

In all seriousness though, I think even a minor (and semi cost effective improvement) would be to put some nice coloured glass gravel on the bottom of the tunnel. Somthing aqua blue in colour or similiar which would match in with the Air theme.

It was never meant to be a car park, it was meant to be a underpass. You can really see the resemblance:

eastville_flyover_underpass02.jpg

But without the graffiti ;)

Re: Re: Air's Tunnel

djtruefitt said:
One day IF Alton do anything with the tunnel we will have nothing to talk about on these forums :(

Yes and ironically IF they did, we would have to "Get a Life!"

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

But it is themed, there's air in the tunnel! It's just the small matter of air being invisible to the naked eye, guess they didn't think it through.

T said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Heck, the tunnel is so bad even that graffiti would improve it. :p
Agreed! I would happily step in and doodle for them!
on the graphite note, they could just re -theme it, the worlds first crack den themed flying coaster. ;D
The tunnel could be themed as an underpass and the sensation of flying is replicating being as high as a kite. Just a thought.

Personally can't see towers doing anything with the tunnel untill the day they come to retheme air which I can't see happening within the next 5 years

well as the management see it the tunnel isn't fundamental to the overall ride experience. Sure in an ideal world it would be better, but the general public focus more on the ride its self rather than a tunnel yet spend less than five seconds in. I would like to see the entire floor of the tunnel flooded with blue tinted water and a mini wave machine generating a current with blue lighting above, but that's just me.

Air's tunnel is the lowest possible priority on park at the moment. It's almost a non-issue, I don't get why there are so many replies on this and the old TTF thread on this. It may look poor but it's very unlikely to ever change and you are only in it for possibly about 20 seconds at most.

The Psychoaster said:
Air's tunnel is the lowest possible priority on park at the moment. It's almost a non-issue, I don't get why there are so many replies on this and the old TTF thread on this. It may look poor but it's very unlikely to ever change and you are only in it for possibly about 20 seconds at most.

20 seconds of looking at concrete. I want 20 seconds of looking at something aesthetically pleasing.

We know it will never be changed. Alton Towers have made it quite clear by now it's nothing they have plans to change. But this is TowersStreet, with the majority of the TTF community - it's tradition to moan about this tunnel. :p

djtruefitt said:
One day IF Alton do anything with the tunnel we will have nothing to talk about on these forums :(

Oh no, we still have TOILETS ;)

However that's a massive IF anyway. I mean, I doubt we will ever see the Air tunnel change within our lifetime! ;)