• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alpenexpress VR-Ride

Islander

TS Member
This looks intriguing!

26320512c53db90c33e253ed4c4dba2e.jpg

9c5769842e8046653860cddc1411043e.jpg

I'll be there the Monday after it debuts, so very interested to see what this is all about!

I am also going to be there before the end of the season and look forward to experiencing it!

:)

At the moment it is free for Hotel guests, Annual Pass Holders, E'motion Plus card Holder (so everyone, as everyone can buy a E'motion card and upgrade it to an E'Motion plus)

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bit of a naff idea? It is slowing down loading times, something which this ride has always excelled with. It's also charged and I do think that if this wasn't at EP people wouldn't be speaking so positively about it.

Having experienced it, it's far from naff, that's not just because I love EP.

Yes it does slow the main queue and makes it about a 20-30 minute queue, which is a negative thing.

The charge is worth it in my opinion

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bit of a naff idea? It is slowing down loading times, something which this ride has always excelled with. It's also charged and I do think that if this wasn't at EP people wouldn't be speaking so positively about it.

I agree, I do not like it and I do not like the whole VR concept at all. Of course I would have to try it out to verify this opinion so I do hope EP are doing VR Alpen Express during the winter season.

I doubt this is a long term change to the ride though. I think it is the coaster than EP/Mack/VR Coaster have chosen to test and market the product on. And the charge will be to limit numbers, I'd imagine if it was simply free to all the queue would be massive seeing as it is only a few rows on the train.

:)