• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alternative route out of the car park

Hey!! Does anybody know of an alternative route where I could avoid the steep hill coming out of the car park? It’s making me panic already and I’m not even there!! Hahaha

Express Parking doesn't have any hills to tackle, but I can't remember them being that difficult to traverse unless you're worried about queuing on it, in which case leave early or leave a little while after closing :)

Hey!! Does anybody know of an alternative route where I could avoid the steep hill coming out of the car park? It’s making me panic already and I’m not even there!! Hahaha
Which hill are you referring to? The only one that's remotely steep I can think of is the road between Farley and Alton from the south side of the park?

If it is the steep hill to Alton Village it is fine to drive or even walk. I drove down it in a car with brakes designed 60 years ago and no issues at all and up the other side with little issue in said low powered vehicle.

Walking it's fine as well, I'd recommend letting the rush disappear just after closing and walk down facing traffic single file.

If you're talking about the steep one in the village, I believe there is a way to avoid the village. Head right out of the park along the main road. Don't take any little roads off to the right or left until you come to a crossroads (this is called Star Bank I think and has a pub called The Star there (this is going by memory). Once there, take a left on the main road and follow main roads by sat-nav until you get back in the general direction you need to go in. Don't go down a road called Red Road whatever you do as you'll end up back at the bottom of the steep hill in Alton Village.

If you come out of Alton towers main entrance turn left onto Farley lane and then keep going just before the start of that hill there’s a pub called the Talbot on your right ( There’s a big black sign advertising the pub) turn on to Station road follow the road round and in joins Horse road. At the end of the road turn right onto Cheadle road then continue around that road and it then becomes Cedar Hill and then on to Battlesteads at the end of the road turn left on to the B5032 and then you will be back on the main road that heads towards Denstone and the JCB building.