• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers 2017 - Wishlist

After having visited the park on Halloween, I would like to have seen more clearly thought out signs posted to the ride entrances. I wasted valuable seconds trying to locate the rides entrance on Monday.

If I do go back in 2017 I would like fresh rolls at the hot dog place. The one I had was barely edible and I do hate having to throw away food.

After having visited the park on Halloween, I would like to have seen more clearly thought out signs posted to the ride entrances. I wasted valuable seconds trying to locate the rides entrance on Monday.

If I do go back in 2017 I would like fresh rolls at the hot dog place. The one I had was barely edible and I do hate having to throw away food.
Which rides were you struggling to find? I can't think of any major attractions with entrances tucked out the way...

Oblivions was the first I couldn't find. Enterprise also was not obvious. Then Nemesis was the last.

I guess they just didn't look like entrances to rides is what I mean.

I seem to remember that on the '96 map the entrances to the rides was listed but on the '16 map there was no such listing.

I would like to see DIY self scanning for the Digi passes and for the picsolve staff to stop saying "would you like a print out of the photo for £5

Oblivions was the first I couldn't find. Enterprise also was not obvious. Then Nemesis was the last.

I seem to remember that on the '96 map the entrances to the rides was listed but on the '16 map there was no such listing.

They don't look like ride entrances? That's a first one for me! I can't say I've ever had a problem finding them myself or ever heard of anyone who has.

My main wish for 2017 season is for the closed rides to be brought back and for vast improvements in F&B. You know, just two of the most important elements when it comes to theme parks.

:)

I think that it's because I haven't been for 20 years. Or perhaps I was expecting to see an actual sign that read 'entrance'.

Perhaps I should have gone to SpecSavers?

Can't say i've ever not found a ride entrance personally!!

Anyway, wish list for Alton... probably much of what has already been said :

1. Re-open closed rides - especially Hex and Sub Terra. Get Ripsaw back
2. Better ERT offering next year
3. Expand the waterpark
4. Re-open the closed food outlets on busy days, in particular Courtyard eatery and pirate show!
5. Get rid of ToTT for next year and give us something new
6. Really need fireworks over 3 days not 2

Never had that problem before, especially not on those rides. The only one with a difficult entrance I can think of is blade, and its not that hard to find.

Short of attaching fireworks and lights visible from space, I'm not sure how they could make them more obvious.

I see where you're coming from, it's not like it's overly obvious. There's plenty of little paths!

Maybe the map should be a little more detailed!

I once couldn't find the Galcatica disabled entrance!

I think that it's because I haven't been for 20 years. Or perhaps I was expecting to see an actual sign that read 'entrance'.

Perhaps I should have gone to SpecSavers?

It's a good job Nemesis sub-terra is closed, otherwise you would have ended up queuing for the wrong Nemesis ride ;)

[quote uid=3303 name="themeparkfan" post=178126]A further quick point DO NOT CLOSE WHILLE MY KIDS ARE ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!!! April it was closed midweek during Easter holidays I emailed AT and got some silly automated email about "we understand your upset" I emailed Merlin and then the email Ping-Pong started but actually spoke to someone. Tomorrow the kids are off for half term and I cant take them to AT, so I'll have to spend my money elsewhere!! DO NOT REPEAT MIDWEEK CLOSURES DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS NEXT YEAR!! Otherwise I will contact Merlin directly and maybe even the mirror too;) If Tesco is not making as much money do they reduce opening hours? close midweek? close deli counter? NO THEY LOOK AT OFFERING AND IMPROVE!!![/QUOTE]<br /><br /><br /><br />However (Yes I am going to be THAT guy) your analogy with Tesco is wrong. Tesco have slashed 24 hour openings in certain stores, closed/stopped opening stores, closed off certain sections at night, etc... all to save costs.<br /><br />

As well as the store closures and reduced opening hours, they actually have closed some deli counters in some stores. All of the big 4 have also seriously reduced the range they carry as well to be more competitive.

So the analogy with AT and Tesco shows actually very similar responses to down trading

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Noise abatement notice has put pay to 5 days of fireworks

I thought that no longer applied as it was made against the previous owners and also towers are trading as a different Ltd company now?

I thought they were still restricted to a maximum of three nights of fireworks in the season but could well be wrong. I doubt the noise abatement notices are still in place/valid though.

Also now they have Scarefest established during half term they would have to make a decision as to whether to run Scarefest or Fireworks on the last weekend of half term if they went back to 5 nights of fireworks. I wouldn't expect them to extend the season further.
Historically it was always fireworks on Friday/Sat/Sun at the end of half term (so this year would be 28/29/30 Oct) and then first weekend in November (this year 5/6 Nov), sometimes with an adrenaline week or other cut down offerings in between. This is what Legoland still offers. But I guess Scarefest works better for AT as they can spread it over several weeks easier.

I don't see why they don't extend Scarefest to cover Fireworks' Weekends as well. The Mazes and other attractions would help eat up the crowds. Think of the additional money that could be made from Maze tickets as well. Europa's Halloween event ran from 24th Sept - 6th of November so I can't see why they couldn't extend it at Alton. :confused:

I think the main problem with that is that all the mazes are in the firing zone, so they would all have to close early and not open again until around 8pm.