• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Font (ProjectTowersStandard)- [BETA RELEASED]

cotda

TS Member
I myself have been desperate for this one font for a long time, so I decided to make it!

Of course it is not perfect, there is no reference for the other characters other than ALTON TOWERS! And as this is V1 there are no numbers for now.

This font is a part of Project Towers (RCT3) and will be hosted there, and on my website only :)
For now I can offer pictures of the font in action, however as it is currently in BETA please dont ask for a download just yet! It will be released but for now:

ptstandard.png

[EDIT] BETA released

Beta Released: See http://www.projecttowers.tk/

Enjoy,
Dan

Re: Alton Towers Font - [WIP]

This is great, wonder whether the font actually exists already or whether it was custom designed for the logo?

The Psychoaster said:
This is great, wonder whether the font actually exists already or whether it was custom designed for the logo?

A long while back i found a full version however it was £300 so I decided to give it a miss, since then though I havent found the site so I assume it is now unique to towers

Alton Towers Font - [WIP]

Very cool! Just to throw in on the subject of fonts; the one used in all the marketing ad signage is called 'Mother Hen' :)

cotda said:
The Psychoaster said:

A long while back i found a full version however it was £300 so I decided to give it a miss, since then though I havent found the site so I assume it is now unique to towers

£300 for a font! Must be a productive business for those who make them ???

Is there any chance of a link to the mother hen font? Is it available for download for free?

Is this not some kind of copyright breach? Be careful!

Thanks for the comments, update/v1 coming soon

^and so long as I draw each character myself it is my font, thanks though

Re: Alton Towers Font - [BETA RELEASED]

Thomas said:
Is there any chance of a link to the mother hen font? Is it available for download for free?
It is available to download / acquire, should you look for it! I do not know about copyright & distributing said files, so I won't be doing so!

Thomas said:

As it is a paid font it is illegal to upload it. Just pay for it, like I did. Only £10

You have to pay for a font? Why would you do that? I just teach myself to do it. I can't yet but hey.

But £10/£300 seems ridiculous! Especially the latter. Probably a scam.

queenofspeed said:
You have to pay for a font? Why would you do that? I just teach myself to do it. I can't yet but hey.

BTW I am not on about my font, that is free. Mother hen is £10.

queenofspeed said:

It's something designers will purchase if said font fits their specific project. £300 isn't a lot of money when speaking about project work on AT / Merlin scale..