• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Merchandise

Well, as I got sent here by James (Thanks by the way!) I've been wondering if anyone here could get any new type of merchandise, what would everything think?

I'll go first, to see if I can get this train rolling.
If I could get one thing made into merch, I'd say patches of both the ride logos of the main attractions of AT, and maybe area specific ones (Like a Phalanx logo for FV and Ministry of Joy for X-Sector.) I mostly suggest this, as I wear leather waistcoats most of the time with patches on them, I'd love to get a Phalanx emblem on it somewhere.

If only AT did them...

If I could get one thing made into merch, I'd say patches of both the ride logos of the main attractions of AT, and maybe area specific ones

They did do patches - albeit a very long time ago. I seem to remember there being a few Corkscrew/old logo ones milling about on Ebay a while ago - couldn't find any listings for such on a quick search, but did find these Black Hole and Katanga Canyon ones that are pretty nifty!

If we're doing "wish lists" - I'd like to see more prints, perhaps specially curated artwork, rather than just stock images. There's plenty of cool ones that fans have made, but it'd be really cool to see the park have a go themselves.

They did do patches - albeit a very long time ago. I seem to remember there being a few Corkscrew/old logo ones milling about on Ebay a while ago - couldn't find any listings for such on a quick search, but did find these Black Hole and Katanga Canyon ones that are pretty nifty!

If we're doing "wish lists" - I'd like to see more prints, perhaps specially curated artwork, rather than just stock images. There's plenty of cool ones that fans have made, but it'd be really cool to see the park have a go themselves.
In the sense of patches, I was meaning ones based on their current ride roster. As whilst I could get them off places like Ebay or Etsy if I looked hard enough, I'd prefer something more authentic, if that makes sense.

I wasn't sure where to exactly put this, but guessing this is probably the most appropriate thread, I just came across this 80s corkscrew badge on Ebay.

In the sense of patches, I was meaning ones based on their current ride roster. As whilst I could get them off places like Ebay or Etsy if I looked hard enough, I'd prefer something more authentic, if that makes sense.
I'm surprised they don't do this but churn out the godawful pop badges and pin badge after pin badge, as patches are equally collectable. But then again I'm equally surprised that Universal Studios and Disney don't also do patches so maybe the market is smaller than I imagine.

I've said it before I just want to see a full merchandise offering online, there's no excuse nowadays with the age of dropshipping that they couldn't do it. And making things like the Alton Manor resin in an exceedingly small production run just seems like a frankly bizarre decision.

I'm surprised they don't do this but churn out the godawful pop badges and pin badge after pin badge, as patches are equally collectable. But then again I'm equally surprised that Universal Studios and Disney don't also do patches so maybe the market is smaller than I imagine.
Many people don't realy learn to sew nowadays, they wouldn't know how to attach a patch to clothing! Whereas pin badges just pin on and are easy to collect and display.

I've said it before I just want to see a full merchandise offering online, there's no excuse nowadays with the age of dropshipping that they couldn't do it. And making things like the Alton Manor resin in an exceedingly small production run just seems like a frankly bizarre decision.
If everything is online there is no incentive to visit the park. Most theme parks don't offer much online shopping as the merchandise is mainly there to be a souvenir of your day at the park.

On the back of this does anyone know a good source of ride posters? I guess in theory I could print out some of my own photos up to A2 but I'm not sure daughter would fall for that. She also absolutely refused to entertain the 13 one in the gift shop at the end of last season. Don't blame her..

The online photo printers like Bonusprint can print large posters. I've had a few printed by them over the years and they're really good quality. Obviously the original photo needs to be of sufficient quality to be scaled up to large proportions in the first place. Don't go for 'glossy' unless you want the sun to be shining off it all the time, meaning you can't see it properly. I made that mistake once. I stick to matte now.

I just wish a third party would do it for AT, maybe try and arrange a deal with them to do so. If there was, I'd definitely buy an Oblivion patch for my leather...
Besides that, if they did do it, and it gained popularity they could in theory do it like they do with cups/mugs

I still don’t quite understand why the online shop merch offering is still so poor. I understand they want people in the park but surely this is just leaving money on the table?

Last edited:
I still don’t quite understand why the online shop merch offering is still so poor. I understand they want people in the work but surely this is just leaving money on the table?
This has always been my thinking really.

I go there 2-3 times a year and Chessington once, but my kids might want some merch in the run up to Christmas that I can’t get because I happen to live hundreds of miles away. That’s them losing out on £100 of my custom and I can’t be the only one. £100 is £100 in off-season surely..

Reactions: Ash
This has always been my thinking really.

I go there 2-3 times a year and Chessington once, but my kids might want some merch in the run up to Christmas that I can’t get because I happen to live hundreds of miles away. That’s them losing out on £100 of my custom and I can’t be the only one. £100 is £100 in off-season surely..

I’d fancied getting the TCAAM mug at fireworks but didn’t fancy lugging it around and I’m not sure if the collect at towers street service is still available?

Nevertheless it seems a complete open goal, only contrasted by how much BPB are offering custom Xmas hampers with a much more tailored offer. Not sure if Drayton for Paultons are doing similar.

Alton however nowhere to be seen