• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Merchandise

Have to say I’m really impressed with the Nemesis merch and the new shop, they have a good mixture of Nemesis reborn merch, but also just as much classic Nemesis 94 merch, and even some really nice Sub-Terra merch.

Here’s a few pics I’ve shared on TS tonight, the shops also nicely themed. Even with its own audio, announcements and lighting sequences.
Is the station model for sale?

If you're in the business of making money, I struggle to recognise that it is flawed to sell online at the moment. Suspect there is thousands of quid worth of demand out there for people that haven't been yet or can't go to the park at all.

Yes, it is a faff, but worth taking someone on as a dedicated packer etc, even if number of items are limited each day to ensure said person can cope.

If you're in the business of making money, I struggle to recognise that it is flawed to sell online at the moment. Suspect there is thousands of quid worth of demand out there for people that haven't been yet or can't go to the park at all.

Yes, it is a faff, but worth taking someone on as a dedicated packer etc, even if number of items are limited each day to ensure said person can cope.
I suspect there isn’t actually that much demand, the vast majority will buy a souvenir of their day at the end of their day at the park.
Universal offers some because they have brands like Nintendo and Harry Potter. Whereas Disney offers very little theme park branded stuff on their websites.

I just don’t think there are many people outside of this community who really want stuff branded with theme park rides that they haven’t ridden this year.

Dropshipping is dead easy, they just don't want the effort and want to keep their merch park-exclusive.

Takes about 5 minutes to sort out shipping stock to Amazon for them to handle all the logistics end to end for example. And that doesn't mean hosting on Amazon.co.uk to sell, purely the fulfilment activities.

On another note there was a full shelf of two-bolt blocks at the nemesis shop yesterday afternoon if anyone wants to buy and resell...

People do want the merch, I'm in a Facebook group for Efteling fans and there's a lot of people requesting deliveries from those going to the park. I wish I'd filled my car with copies of the Efteling Book of Fairy Tales on my last visit, could have made a fortune!

It's definitely a deliberate decision to make the merch more exclusive and to encourage people to spend on merch as part of their visit. If you know you can get it online you might not bother and then change your mind once you've checked your bank balance after the trip (and realise you spent hundreds of pounds on Aramark slop and emergency fast-tracks).

Same with band merch, I was at a gig on Friday and pretty much all of the T-shirts on sale were exclusive to the tour.

Yup, demand, and price, are often affected by (fake) limited supply.
If it is easy to get, and there are plenty available, the price tends to fall.
That is why shiny new dead rodent wheels at Blackpool are extremely naughty at fifty quid each.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've greatly enjoyed following Nemesis' rebuild and the story this past year. It's given me something to focus on through some rough patches. I'm not getting to the park anytime soon, so getting some of the launch merch is a thing for me

I suspect there isn’t actually that much demand, the vast majority will buy a souvenir of their day at the end of their day at the park.
Universal offers some because they have brands like Nintendo and Harry Potter. Whereas Disney offers very little theme park branded stuff on their websites.

I just don’t think there are many people outside of this community who really want stuff branded with theme park rides that they haven’t ridden this year.
Not sure I could agree based on eBay prices, but either way you could easily have John Jr and Sr sign stuff as exclusives for a three-figure sum.

Is there a lovely wonderful person going to the park that could do me a favour and pick up a couple of small things from the Nemesis Bunker? With full reimbursement for price and p&p of course. The online store and ebay are failing me

Reactions: Tom