• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

Oh I see. Well they did get it wrong, the track was the monster and it always was and they changed it. In the context of this thread whether that was done purposely or was a mistake is something I'll let others decide. The first time I read it, it always seemed like a mistake to me.
Out of interest, when was it that Alton Towers changed the theme to what it seems to be today?

I agree, I always send everything fully punctuated as well. Text speak just seems a bit stupid, how hard is it to write 'great' instead of 'gr8' etc?
Some people like it, in fairness. Texting is designed for convenience, and I guess some people like the convenience of typing less characters. I’m not going to argue with that.

However, it’s never really appealed to me, and I sometimes struggle to understand some of the abbreviations. This isn’t one that really seems to be used anymore, but when I started texting in my early teens or so, people used to send me texts saying “Wuu2?”, which I didn’t understand. I later ascertained that that meant “What are you up to?”…

Text speak feels unnatural to me. Each to their own, of course, but I personally feel much better writing in full sentences and proper English.

I’m well aware that discussing text speak and my opinions on it makes me sound old-fashioned, but I can only say my true feelings on the matter…
Out of interest, when was it that Alton Towers changed the theme to what it seems to be today?
It’s hard to tell. Nothing on park suggests that they ever “changed the theme”, with only the website saying anything about the updated Nemesis legend.

Not wanting to steer too much away from the topic but the first I heard of it was on the app. Hence why I always assumed it was a mistake or a misunderstanding from Jake in the IT department. I never treated those website descriptions seriously. I mean come on, who writes "with a track length 3x longer than Oblivion!" ?

Not wanting to steer too much away from the topic but the first I heard of it was on the app. Hence why I always assumed it was a mistake or a misunderstanding from Jake in the IT department. I never treated those website descriptions seriously. I mean come on, who writes "with a track length 3x longer than Oblivion!" ?
The Phalanx theme for Nemesis is also written by the 2 Nemesis themed Extraordinary Golf holes, if I remember correctly.

Ah u younguns won’t remember txt spk bein vital bk in the day. Gotta keep the characters down to fit everything in 1 txt. Not payin 4 2txts @10p a time. Not got enuff cred 4 tht.

Anyway. I’m off back to the old people’s home now.
I do remember having a keypad phone when I was about 8. All my mum ever said to me about that was “For the love of god, don’t press the Internet button”…

Anyway; on a more on-topic note, I noticed that Oblivion is apparently manufactured by “Bolliger Mabillard” according to Alton Towers’ website… that is a rather pedantic one, though, as it’s only an ampersand missing!

Anyway; on a more on-topic note, I noticed that Oblivion is apparently manufactured by “Bolliger Mabillard” according to Alton Towers’ website… that is a rather pedantic one, though, as it’s only an ampersand missing!
This counts, as this makes it seem as if it is one person called 'Bolliger Mabillard' rather than two people called Walter Bolliger & Claude Mabillard.