• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

I received an email about Alton Towers' 2023 short break offers today.

The sentence within it describing the Resort's offerings was as follows:
Choose from 5 fantastically-themed accommodations, mouth-watering meals, live entertainment, wacky waterpark, extraordinary golf and of course not forgetting over 40 world class rides and attractions, it’s the ultimate UK family holiday!
Is it me, or does this sentence not make a lot of sense?

The sentence sounds a bit weird overall to me. It sounds as though they started by describing the accommodation options you can choose, but then they went onto describing the Resort as a whole in the same sentence... it reads a bit strangely, in my view.

Does that extract seem strangely written to you? Or am I just being extremely pedantic and/or pointing out errors incorrectly?

I'm just reeling at the fact they've called the pods "fantastically themed", even though their very own planning application stated they weren't bothered with theming them and then described their food as "mouth - watering". More like eye watering.
Yes I was about to take issue with the hyphenation of an adverbial phrase but then realised there are much graver issues with the content...

Have always said that if you have to describe your offering as fantastic, delicious etc. it probably isn't... Let your customers judge for themselves!

I noticed that on the Alton Towers website, Nemesis' capacity is '1400 rides per hour', not people per hour.

Now you see, 1400 rides per hour could be argued as more accurate...
Say 1399 people go on nemesis once in that hour, and one person goes on twice within that hour.
In that hour, it has only had 1399 riders, and indeed 1399 people on it, but there have been 1400 rides.

'The Smiler is the world’s first 14 loop rollercoaster. It’s (Its not It's)twisting track combines the world beating 14 loops with a speed of 85 km/hr and a track length 3x longer than Oblivion! This will challenge your body and mind(no full stop)'

Now you see, 1400 rides per hour could be argued as more accurate...
Say 1399 people go on nemesis once in that hour, and one person goes on twice within that hour.
In that hour, it has only had 1399 riders, and indeed 1399 people on it, but there have been 1400 rides.
Thinking about it, this could be more accurate, but knowing Merlin, 'rides' could just be a typo of 'riders', which would still count as an error.

Thinking about it, this could be more accurate, but knowing Merlin, 'rides' could just be a typo of 'riders', which would still count as an error.
I should think it probably is given that 1,400 riders per hour is the ride’s listed theoretical throughput on RCDB.