• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

No no, simply an excuse to charge extra for a more exotic sounding dish. They’d be calling the tomato soup “potage du jour” if they thought they could whack an extra two quid onto the price.
Pan Seared Beef, artisan salad and breads, garlic aioli and Pomme frites.

Yours for £30, or £10 in the Burger Kitchen.

I’ve got to say, when I made this thread in June 2021, I did not expect that we’d still be finding new Alton Towers typos 14 months on… some things never change, clearly!

Looking back, some of these are really quite funny! Alton (and Merlin in general) could definitely benefit from a proof-reading department, though… we all make mistakes, so it would be beneficial for a team to find them before they go out to the public eye.

The reference to "thin roads" has been on the Directions page of the Towers website for years...

"Please drive with care when you’re in the area, as there are many walkers, cyclists and horse riders, and the roads can be very thin in places."

Isn't the more normal term a "narrow road"?

Sorry to nitpick but roquette is a correct spelling, as is rocket. Probably right in thinking they've chosen that variation to appear more exotic, but I only say so because I corrected that spelling once only to find out I was wrong

I stand corrected, I did have a google to check, as it just looked so out of place and nothing obvious came up in the search results. But having read Wikipedia it is listed as an alternative name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria

However I would say it is not the best choice of word, either use common spellings for all words in a menu description or use fancy descriptions for everything. Trying to mix then just leads to confusion so I still think it is wrong for them to have used it.
I doubt they were trying to sound fancy, as no other menu descriptions for the RCR use this sort of language.

Even within the same menu they state the tomato pasta is served with rocket.

I stand corrected, I did have a google to check, as it just looked so out of place and nothing obvious came up in the search results. But having read Wikipedia it is listed as an alternative name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria

However I would say it is not the best choice of word, either use common spellings for all words in a menu description or use fancy descriptions for everything. Trying to mix then just leads to confusion so I still think it is wrong for them to have used it.
I doubt they were trying to sound fancy, as no other menu descriptions for the RCR use this sort of language.

Even within the same menu they state the tomato pasta is served with rocket.
Using both variations in the same menu is definitely annoying, at least be consistent either way

8746735b8005337c09feed4b51a79c33.jpg

Found in the Katanga Canyon shop. Oh dear.