• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

From the park's latest blog:
"Don’t forget to also check out Andy’s Adventure Dinosaur Dig to immerse yourself in prehistoric sights and sounds as you unearth your very own fossils, and of course, explore JoJo & Gram Gran at home."

From the same blog.

I didn’t realise they had downsized the number of rooms in the hotels by quite so much. Will help reduce those queues at the bars at any rate!

But of course, one day just isn’t enough! With so much to do, why not complete your summer escape with a short break in one of three fantastically themed rooms, Stargazing Pods, or Enchanted Village.

I went to Alton Towers with some normies on Sunday and I pointed out a typo in an out of order sign that had been stuck to a vending machine in X Sector (it said 'out of oder') and they said that if I hadn't pointed it out they probably wouldn't have noticed it
I honestly don't understand how people don't see these things... If something is wrong it just screams at me. Is that not normal?

I honestly don't understand how people don't see these things... If something is wrong it just screams at me. Is that not normal?
Depends on the person I guess. I mean I'm like you - more often than not I see mistakes straight away then I can't not see them. But there are times when I'm writing something like a long email, change things, reword sentences and I still miss the odd typo. And while spell checkers pick up words misspelt, not all will pick up on the word if used incorrectly but spelt right like their/they're/there etc. Nothing is a good substitute for a proof reader though.

I've mentioned this before, and I know it's not the printers job to proof read but you'd think with the time Leek Signs have been printing for Towers that there'd be a good and friendly relationship between them allowing for them to contact Towers and say they've made a typo. I guess it depends how these signs are sent for printing - it would work if there was one point of contact but if they're sent to Leek by various people or uploaded via a portal then not so easy.

Depends on the person I guess. I mean I'm like you - more often than not I see mistakes straight away then I can't not see them. But there are times when I'm writing something like a long email, change things, reword sentences and I still miss the odd typo. And while spell checkers pick up words misspelt, not all will pick up on the word if used incorrectly but spelt right like their/they're/there etc. Nothing is a good substitute for a proof reader though.

I've mentioned this before, and I know it's not the printers job to proof read but you'd think with the time Leek Signs have been printing for Towers that there'd be a good and friendly relationship between them allowing for them to contact Towers and say they've made a typo. I guess it depends how these signs are sent for printing - it would work if there was one point of contact but if they're sent to Leek by various people or uploaded via a portal then not so easy.
It is embarrassing for the company (i.e. Leek Signs) if this is what they're producing, even if they're not the source of the error. I'm guessing they've just got a 'not our problem' attitude and just print what they're given.

This has been touched upon before. Leek Signs is a printing service, not a proof reading service. They produce high volumes of work. It’s likely that they don’t read what they print, not in ignorance, but simply because that is not their job!