• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers/Merlin Typos & Grammatical Errors

I’ve noticed a new typo on Mandrill Mayhem’s restrictions board; the sign says “Due to the wild nature of Mandrill Mayhem, anyone over 1.95m tall” without saying anything afterwards.

This might sound incredibly pedantic, and I apologise if it does, but that sounds like an unfinished sentence to me… it sounds like it’s building up to something like “anyone over 1.95m tall cannot ride” or something like that.

Source:
(Go to about 13 minutes in, when Shawn shows a shot of the full restrictions board)

I’ve noticed a new typo on Mandrill Mayhem’s restrictions board; the sign says “Due to the wild nature of Mandrill Mayhem, anyone over 1.95m tall” without saying anything afterwards.

This might sound incredibly pedantic, and I apologise if it does, but that sounds like an unfinished sentence to me… it sounds like it’s building up to something like “anyone over 1.95m tall cannot ride” or something like that.

Source:
(Go to about 13 minutes in, when Shawn shows a shot of the full restrictions board)

That's not pedantic, that's simply incorrect.

This post from @AT86 in the Mardi Gras thread, showing an email from the Resort advertising Mardi Gras 2023, contains another good candidate for this thread, in my view:
Ride close is at 6pm, sunset around 9.30pm so that’s not misleading or anything.

IMG_5013.jpeg
Source: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/mardi-gras-2023.6746/page-3#post-418814

I don’t know about any of you, but to me, this sentence does not make grammatical sense:
This half term enjoy this carnival-inspired takeover will dazzle you with an explosion of colours, sensational flavours, and so much more!

It feels to me like it should be two separate sentences that the writer tried to cram into one. If I were writing it, I’d have had “This half term, enjoy…” as the first sentence, followed by “This carnival-inspired takeover will dazzle you with…” as a separate second sentence.

If I’m being really pedantic, I also feel like the comma before “as the sun goes down” is unnecessary; surely “Ride our thrilliant rollercoasters and fantabulous family favourites as the sun goes down” is a fine sentence on its own?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but this was my ordeal when trying to get an answer whether or not my single purchase fastracks would be valid for another ride if the one I purchased it for was down.

Give.me.strength. I gave up in the end.IMG_9198.jpeg

IMG_9199.jpegIMG_9200.jpegIMG_9201.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 16
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but this was my ordeal when trying to get an answer whether or not my single purchase fastracks would be valid for another ride if the one I purchased it for was down.

Give.me.strength. I gave up in the end.IMG_9198.jpeg

IMG_9199.jpegIMG_9200.jpegIMG_9201.jpeg
You need to type "real human" to be connected to an agent. Think they're available between 9 and 5 most days.