• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers on the 27th and 28th of April 2024.

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
I entered the park at around 11:30 am, and I headed straight to Nemesis.
The entrance to Forbidden Valley is brilliant, although it does look similar to X-Sector's entrance.
The armoured vehicle has been moved near the entrance. I preferred it when it was painted in a khaki colour, but the black paint job doesn't look bad.
As I moved down towards Nemesis, the next thing that I saw was the larger helicopter. I liked the size of it, the voices coming out of the helicopter, and the fact that it wasn't just a stationary prop, but the black doesn't really suit the helicopter. I definitely preferred the old drill.
I then joined the queue for Nemesis, and I realised that the entrance structure actually, in my opinion, looked better in black than its original colour.
I really liked the gun in the queue line, but the track coming out of the ground looked pretty poor. This is because the track wasn't properly buried.
IMG_20240427_191159.jpg
The queue in general looked unfinished, and the shipping container was pretty awful.
The biggest surprise in the queue line was the small helicopter. I think that it was a very good addition, although the rocks underneath did look fake. I thought that the panicked voices inside the helicopter were a good touch.
IMG_20240427_191457.jpg
The new music is brilliant, and I prefer it over the original.
I then entered the station. The new theming inside looked really good, and I boarded the ride after about 45 minutes in the queue.
The ride itself was just as good as I remembered. There was a rattle, but it actually added to the ride.
I did Alton Manor twice after that. On my first ride, it was a bit broken. It was better on my second ride, although some of the scenes were too bright.
After that, I did Oblivion twice because it had no queue. The drop was as punchy as usual.
Battle Galleons was next. I didn't get too wet, which was a shame, but it was a fun ride.
Later, I rode Alton Manor again. However, the people behind me were extremely annoying and kept tapping and poking me throughout the ride. They also were screaming obnoxiously at moments in the ride where they clearly weren't scared in the slightest. Also, audio effects for the final jump scare did not activate.
I then went back to Forbidden Valley. I rode The Blade and Nemesis. I noticed that the yellow paint seemed to be reappearing under the new black paint on The Blade. I also went down to the eye on the Nemesis monster to admire it, because it looks staggering when you are up close.
IMG_20240427_195908.jpg
After that, I met up with my dad, my mum and my six-year-old brother, and we went inside Bunker 94 to buy some Nemesis merchandise. The shop itself was surprisingly good.
IMG_20240427_200524.jpg
I then rode The Blade with my brother, and we both enjoyed it. We then went on Alton Manor as a family. The ride broke down in the mirror corridor, and, at the end of the ride, there was a very low-speed collision between the car that my family were in and the car in front.
Afterwards, my mum and I went on Nemesis. It was just as good as before. The rattle was less present on this ride compared to the previous two rides that I experienced on the same day.
IMG_20240427_200231.jpg
I went to Rita after that, but it closed soon after I joined the queue, so I went on TH13TEEN with my mum, my dad, and my brother. It was good fun, and my brother really enjoyed it, especially since it was his first ride on the attraction.
Overall, I enjoyed my day.

I entered the park at around 11:30 am, and I headed straight to Nemesis.
The entrance to Forbidden Valley is brilliant, although it does look similar to X-Sector's entrance.
The armoured vehicle has been moved near the entrance. I preferred it when it was painted in a khaki colour, but the black paint job doesn't look bad.
As I moved down towards Nemesis, the next thing that I saw was the larger helicopter. I liked the size of it, the voices coming out of the helicopter, and the fact that it wasn't just a stationary prop, but the black doesn't really suit the helicopter. I definitely preferred the old drill.
I then joined the queue for Nemesis, and I realised that the entrance structure actually, in my opinion, looked better in black than its original colour.
I really liked the gun in the queue line, but the track coming out of the ground looked pretty poor. This is because the track wasn't properly buried.
IMG_20240427_191159.jpg
The queue in general looked unfinished, and the shipping container was pretty awful.
The biggest surprise in the queue line was the small helicopter. I think that it was a very good addition, although the rocks underneath did look fake. I thought that the panicked voices inside the helicopter were a good touch.
IMG_20240427_191457.jpg
The new music is brilliant, and I prefer it over the original.
I then entered the station. The new theming inside looked really good, and I boarded the ride after about 45 minutes in the queue.
The ride itself was just as good as I remembered. There was a rattle, but it actually added to the ride.
I did Alton Manor twice after that. On my first ride, it was a bit broken. It was better on my second ride, although some of the scenes were too bright.
After that, I did Oblivion twice because it had no queue. The drop was as punchy as usual.
Battle Galleons was next. I didn't get too wet, which was a shame, but it was a fun ride.
Later, I rode Alton Manor again. However, the people behind me were extremely annoying and kept tapping and poking me throughout the ride. They also were screaming obnoxiously at moments in the ride where they clearly weren't scared in the slightest. Also, audio effects for the final jump scare did not activate.
I then went back to Forbidden Valley. I rode The Blade and Nemesis. I noticed that the yellow paint seemed to be reappearing under the new black paint on The Blade. I also went down to the eye on the Nemesis monster to admire it, because it looks staggering when you are up close.
IMG_20240427_195908.jpg
After that, I met up with my dad, my mum and my six-year-old brother, and we went inside Bunker 94 to buy some Nemesis merchandise. The shop itself was surprisingly good.
IMG_20240427_200524.jpg
I then rode The Blade with my brother, and we both enjoyed it. We then went on Alton Manor as a family. The ride broke down in the mirror corridor, and, at the end of the ride, there was a very low-speed collision between the car that my family were in and the car in front.
Afterwards, my mum and I went on Nemesis. It was just as good as before. The rattle was less present on this ride compared to the previous two rides that I experienced on the same day.
IMG_20240427_200231.jpg
I went to Rita after that, but it closed soon after I joined the queue, so I went on TH13TEEN with my mum, my dad, and my brother. It was good fun, and my brother really enjoyed it, especially since it was his first ride on the attraction.
Overall, I enjoyed my day.
You forgot to mention the geese you saw (and kindly sent me a picture of), with their new born goslings, they're so sweet!

I entered the park via the hotel entrance at around 9:30 am. At 10:00 am, I joined the queue for Nemesis. It was extremely good, as always.
IMG_20240428_202706.jpg
Next, I went on Sub-Terra, because it had no queue. The actor quality varied massively. One of the actors didn't know their lines, since they were probably quite new, whereas the actors after the drop tower itself were brilliant.
After that, I went to Alton Manor. The effects were working quite well, although the skull scene was still poor.
I saw that The Smiler had a posted wait time of 25 minutes, so I walked over to X Sector, and joined the queue. It was extremely good. I would even say that it was the best ride that I have ever had on The Smiler. There was no headbanging in sight, and it was quite intense.
Oblivion was next. I definitely enjoyed it, and the drop was slightly more powerful than usual.
I went to Battle Galleons after Oblivion, but it was closed, so I walked along the Haunted Hollow towards Sub-Terra, as it still didn't have a queue. It was fun, and I enjoyed seeing the reactions of the other riders.
Nemesis had a posted wait time of only 10 minutes, so I rode it again, this time in the front row. I have to admit that I forgot how enjoyable the front row on Nemesis is.
IMG_20240428_203936.jpg
I then did another ride on Nemesis, and three consecutive rides on Sub-Terra. On my third consecutive ride on Sub-Terra, the leg whippers were not working, which was good.
After all of that, I met my mum, my dad, and my six-year-old brother by the frogs on Towers Street. The first thing that we did as a family was Wicker Man. It was my brother's first time on the attraction. He enjoyed it, but he preferred TH13TEEN. I personally found that particular ride on Wicker Man to be quite weak, with little airtime.
When we exited Wicker Man, we went to Runaway Mine Train, which we did twice in a row. It was running well, and I found it to be quite enjoyable.
We went back to Wicker Man, and rode it again. This ride was slightly better, although it was still lacking in airtime, especially compared to my rides on it last year.
I then went, with my brother, on Spinball Whizzer. Surprisingly, I really liked it, and it wasn't rough in the slightest. My brother also enjoyed it quite a lot.
At this point, there was only time for one more ride, so I went on Nemesis by myself. I was in the third row, but I have never experienced a ride on Nemesis that was as intense. The vertical loop was far more forceful than usual, and ditto for the stall turn. I am not sure if I would have been able to manage a re-ride. Maybe I am getting old?
I really enjoyed the day. It was very quiet, which certainly helped.

Last edited: