• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

American Adventure Park

What I remember most growing up was Drayton Manor as my mum would always take us there every summer and the American adventure. The American adventure use to send vouchers to schools which admitted up to 6 guests for less than £10 each and with the rides and entertainment on offer it was way ahead of Drayton Manor ( I haven’t even heard of Alton Towers to 1993 when my parents took us) and the rides on offer was excellent. I still think back and no other theme park had rides that were themed and thrilling.

I haven’t even heard of Chessington to I saw this ad on the tv

Still took me 3 years after that to get to the park. I didn’t even know anything about Thorpe park to I saw the news about the fire.
The missile coaster was my 1st multiple looping coaster I had been on with the Python been my 1st looping coaster.

The American Adventure Runaway Train was by far the best mine train I’ve ever ridden, it was super intense, it picked up some serious speed on its second lap, and I agree with @siralgenon that in terms of speed and intensity, it really gave Rita a run for its money.

And because the park was always so quiet, plenty of re-rides could be enjoyed, I remember one day in 2005, I managed 64 rides on it, whilst still managing to squeeze in rides on what other attractions were left in the park that year.

In terms of great lost British coasters, this one is definitely the unsung hero. But I’d genuinely look at AA’s Runaway Train as fondly as I’d remember Wild Mouse and The Ultimate. I’m just gutted to hear that Mellors didn’t keep the level of intensity when it was released on to the travelling circuit.

That house of play indoor play frame, did they replace the slide with a straight drop one?