• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Amusement park in a salt mine

Jem8472

TS Member
I saw this on reddit earlier today and forgot about it until now.

http://entertainmentdesigner.com/news/theme-park-design-news/transylvania-amusement-park-buried-deep-in-a-salt-mine-can-you-dig-it/

Its an amusement park in an old salt mine, opened about 1075 until 1932. The pictures look amazing!

I have been in a salt mine in Poland at a place called Wieliczka. They are amazing places to be, the air is so pure and clean it is a joy to breath really deeply. Its also amazing to see the places that were carved out of rock by hand!

But just looking at what they have done in this salt mine is amazing. I would love to visit this place. There are no coasters but I think it just looks awesome.

Only downside according to the article that goes with it is that there is no food or drink allowed in the mine. This is understandable as it will keep the mine tidy and any liquid is very damaging and dangerous to a salt mine

I hope they keep it looking nice as it would be a real shame to damage something so beautiful and so old.