• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ant McPartlin - Saturday Night Takaway

I haven't really got anything else to say but I hope the pre-recorded content still gets released like Saturday Knight Takeaway.
Yeah, I would like to know what happens next! Plus I'm not sure what they'll do about segments such as Happiest Minute Of The Week, as the people receiving tickets would already have been chosen prior to the live show.

How have we got a thread for this non-story, but nothing on the fact that Russia has used weapons banned by the Geneva Convention on UK soil?

Haha. Sorry. I'm still on my News ban. You're spoiling it for me :p I only know about Ant because it was on the TV when I walked past. Whats all this Russia stuff? :p

Egad man, where have you been‽ Russia bumped off another ex-spy / defector who was living over here. Only this time, instead of using polonium, they used a highly deadly nerve agent.

Last edited:
It was Ant playing P.J. the character that got blinded by a paintball in byker grove

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

As much as I did like Ant and Dec, there is absolutely no excuse to be behind the wheel when you are over the limit. Looks like ITV future programs are screwed BGT, I'm a celebrity, as well as Saturday night takeaway. It goes to show that you should't put all your eggs in one basket.

nlGR04X.jpg

Now Ant and Dec are a lovable duo but there is no excuse for drink driving. The situation could of been much, much worse. Yes, he has his issues in life but the people defending him or sticking up for him - would they be the same if he had killed someone by knocking them over or had a worse crash? Don't think so. Regardless of his troubles in life, some things are just inexcusable.

I feel sorry for Dec, they've been twined together for years but what happens in Ant's life affects Dec's severely too and vice versa. If you become famous you have to take what comes with the job and he understands that he will be seen by millions and should act accordingly. In this sad instance, he didn't.

What baffles me is how his Mum allowed him to get behind the wheel and drive. Surely, of all people your Mother would be top of your list to stop you - never mind be a passenger in that, very vehicle. Crazy! There should be a zero policy when it comes to Alcohol and driving. People don't know the limit in its true form and get over it without realising - if there was a zero policy it would clear things up and if caught you should get an instant ban of 6 months - 1 year and if caught severally over the limit then a ban for 2-5 years. Anyway, thats for a different discussion.

I feel sorry for Dec, they've been twined together for years but what happens in Ant's life affects Dec's severely too and vice versa. If you become famous you have to take what comes with the job and he understands that he will be seen by millions and should act accordingly. In this sad instance, he didn't.

Not to turn this thread into Celebrity Gossip Corner, but it's widely known in the industry and now further beyond that, apparently, much of the turmoil in Ant's life has been to do with the lack of ability to concieve a child with his partner. This and his alcoholism has lead to the recent breakdown of his marriage, and affected his working relationship with Dec, who apparently even put his plans to start a family on hold, so not to create what would presumably be an awkward and painful situation for his friend. All sounds pretty bleak.

A&D, who are genuinely 'normal', working class lads, have basically been famous and beloved since they were young teenagers, without a whiff of scandal or even ego (well, almost). Absolutely agree that the drink driving is completely unacceptable, but they have always been responsible and decent. It's sad to see this sort of thing transpire publically, so I can't help but feel sympathy for all involved. Not to mention their incredibly large, broad audience, who will doubtlessly be confused to see Dec standing next to someone else, and may begin to question the very fabric of reality and nature of being while they try and win the ads.

They both really have put there lives on hold to make them both a household name and millions in the bank. Trying for a baby when both partners are in there 40's is also hard work in its self and the stress of working long hours and away from home for most of the year don't help.

I imagine ITV wouldn't want to lose SNT these next few weeks. I thought Stephen Mulhern or Cat Deeley could work alongside Dec for the last two episodes. Given the amount of money pumped into the show, it's primetime position, the advertising revenue and all the planning for the finale to be filmed at Universal Studios Orlando... I would be very surprised if they dropped the remaining episodes.

Nothing else to add to other posts, although despite his problems driving while over the alcohol limit is hardly wise. Not something to do while you're in the limelight.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I am surprised conspiracy theorists have not pointed out a crash was pre warned during the Ant V Dec monster truck challenge. :D

I am surprised conspiracy theorists have not pointed out a crash was pre warned during the Ant V Dec monster truck challenge. :D

Give them time, they're busy with Russians, Chemtrails, Flat Earth and SpaceX at the moment.

And he will give us the suggestion of trying the fish course :D