• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Apple announcement 12/09/12 - iPhone 5?

It's not obsolete though, and won't be for many years - and even then that's only because they'll force it to by removing support/comparability for it. The perception of everything other than the latest version of Apple's products being obsolete/inferior is what the company thrives on.

Also unfortunately, everything that is a feature of any latest product was developed years ago. Technology is held back to provide selling points for future products. Delaying the white iPhone 4 and claiming the construction of a white iPhone was a complex engineering task is one of the best examples of that.

I think that certain people in this topic seem blind to the fact that, despite what THEY personally feel, Apple is a very profitable & successful company.

I personally think that stating the iPad Is "a little pointless", is, itself, pointless. I have many uses for mine, more than I can actually list! I use it to write and produce documents, emails, and watch films, as well as watch live television and catch up on previous shows via Netflix, I player and the likes.

Every product Apple produce is quality, and that can't be denied by these constant Apple bashers. You need to realise that the world doesn't care for your snide, snotty remarks, and regardless of what you think and believe, people who purchase the products are buying good, quality devices that they'll use for years to come.

Tom said:
Also unfortunately, everything that is a feature of any latest product was developed years ago. Technology is held back to provide selling points for future products. Delaying the white iPhone 4 and claiming the construction of a white iPhone was a complex engineering task is one of the best examples of that.

That may be the case but that's an industry wide issue, Apple simply have superior marketing to highlight aspects of their devices (such as processors) being better than the last versions. It is depressing though how, unless you work in the sector, you will never get access to the latest technology as soon as it is developed.

T said:
I think that certain people in this topic seem blind to the fact that, despite what THEY personally feel, Apple is a very profitable & successful company.

I personally think that stating the iPad Is "a little pointless", is, itself, pointless. I have many uses for mine, more than I can actually list! I use it to write and produce documents, emails, and watch films, as well as watch live television and catch up on previous shows via Netflix, I player and the likes.

Every product Apple produce is quality, and that can't be denied by these constant Apple bashers. You need to realise that the world doesn't care for your snide, snotty remarks, and regardless of what you think and believe, people who purchase the products are buying good, quality devices that they'll use for years to come.

Let me just nutshellify that: Your opinion stinks so here's my rose-scented one.

Got to love the iPhone advert. Couldn't think of anything new to say about the phone that they didn't say in the advert for the 4 so they spend the whole advert showing the slightly updated earphones. Wow.

Blaze said:
Got to love the iPhone advert. Couldn't think of anything new to say about the phone that they didn't say in the advert for the 4 so they spend the whole advert showing the slightly updated earphones. Wow.

Wiered, cause I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw the advert!

Good idea for headphones though, makes sense. I just wish apple would at least release some on-ear headphones, as many people (including myself) won't wear in-ears because it feels unconfortable.

;)

Shaped earphones have been around for ever though.

If Apple did big headphones they'd cost about £600 and be even worse sound-wise than Beats.

*Thanks sarcastic forum post, to show unity in views & supporting of sarcastic and pointless posts by a user who shares the same views as yourself, in an attempt to make another user feel stupid*

Unfortunately, this happens a lot over here, and it's one of the downfalls of such a wonderful 'community'.

Blaze said:
Shaped earphones have been around for ever though.

If Apple did big headphones they'd cost about £600 and be even worse sound-wise than Beats.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who despise "beats by dre".

I'll stick to my senheiser in ear's thanks!

I've got no problem with Apple products or customers.

EXCEPT when said customers get annoyed that someone else doesn't like their piece of technology. I don't buy Apple stuff because other products do the same or better for less money.

I don't like how closed the system is either, why should I be forced to use iTunes when I've got a perfectly good file transfer system built into Windows, aka copy and paste!?

And frankly I don't like the price! I have a Samsung Galaxy S1 that was vastly cheaper than any comparable iPhone deal at the time and I've yet to see an iPhone do something it can't!

RustyRider said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one who despise "beats by dre".

I'll stick to my senheiser in ear's thanks!
Beats are the worst headphones I've ever used. £8 JVC Gummy's are better.

Senheiser however are amazing.

T said:
*Thanks sarcastic forum post, to show unity in views & supporting of sarcastic and pointless posts by a user who shares the same views as yourself, in an attempt to make another user feel stupid*

Unfortunately, this happens a lot over here, and it's one of the downfalls of such a wonderful 'community'.
"User likes post he agrees with". TST is doomed.

Dar said:
I've got no problem with Apple products or customers.

EXCEPT when said customers get annoyed that someone else doesn't like their piece of technology. I don't buy Apple stuff because other products do the same or better for less money.

I don't like how closed the system is either, why should I be forced to use iTunes when I've got a perfectly good file transfer system built into Windows, aka copy and paste!?

And frankly I don't like the price! I have a Samsung Galaxy S1 that was vastly cheaper than any comparable iPhone deal at the time and I've yet to see an iPhone do something it can't!

To be fair, you aren't forced into using iTunes. I used to use SharePod which was far quicker and more efficient at adding stuff to my iPod. You also aren't forced into anything with an iPod/iPhone - you could jailbreak it and do what you want from there.

I shouldn't have to jailbreak it was kinda my point! Look at Sam's Throughput Calculator app, download the apk, transfer to phone, run! Don't even have to bother with the store if you don't want. That's on a stock Android as well. Whereas you have to send your app away to Apple to be vetted and then it's put on the store if it meets their guidelines. Unless you're willing to void your warranty and jailbreak it.

Dar said:
I shouldn't have to jailbreak it was kinda my point! Look at Sam's Throughput Calculator app, download the apk, transfer to phone, run! Don't even have to bother with the store if you don't want. That's on a stock Android as well. Whereas you have to send your app away to Apple to be vetted and then it's put on the store if it meets their guidelines. Unless you're willing to void your warranty and jailbreak it.

Everyone goes on about this "void your warranty" business - but I can't see how that could happen? If you had a problem with the phone/iPod, you'd just give it a full restore to factory settings before taking it in for repairs. If it died on you or broke, then they'd never find out anyway because it's dead!

Equally the members that come into here calling others 'Apple bashers' I find rude.

If someone went into, say, the SW7 topic and called everyone a load of 'rollercoaster bashers' they would get attacked by others. So what makes it right to post such things in here? I've seen no 'bashing' in this topic whatsoever. Just people who like the products and there's nothing wrong with liking Apple products. Just like there's nothing wrong with liking Microsoft, Android, theme parks... it's a personal taste. If you don't like peoples' personal taste, well, it's easy - don't bother reading the topic.

T said:

Your generalised swipes at members are far more damaging to the atmosphere here and even mildly offensive to people that actually take time to make constructive arguments backed up by fact.